New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convince the parents on an A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:54 AM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Convince the parents on an A4

Audis are made of aluminum(frames).

Hey Billy, give Ed a call and have your mom go with you when you meet him! he is very nice and helpfull and will totally win your parents over. TRUST me.

Hell he even offered to teach me stick when i bought the car, hes like come in whenever i am here and we can go driving. He has hooked me up many times!

Great person!

Old 03-21-2006, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

Wow, that guy does sound good! I think I'll have to take a little trip with my parents over to Laurel... I was reading a 2001 media guide from my neigbor/my dad's friend, "Paul Brian of WGN" and it says that the body is "fully galvanized (both sides) steel. I wasn't clear enough in my earlier post.
Thanks for all of the info, keep it coming!
Billy

Old 03-21-2006, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

not all Audis are made of aluminium, only A2 and A8. Others are glavanised steel.

Old 03-21-2006, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

Hi everyone.
Bad news today. I told my mom that I found out that the Jeep was worth more than we thought, around $7000, and must have mentioned selling it... We'll she flipped out and said that we aren't selling the Jeep! I then said that it would be an economic sale, but she replied "what is economic is not selling the car at all." so i said "well then your definition of economic is: keeping a high mileage car, paying for it when it breaks, instead of buying a low mileage car?" I then added "I wish you and dad would just listen to what I have to say before completely saying no" I think this made her think, because she isn't reall.....

mom just came down to discuss

I have failed. I got the no, there i guess I will say thank you for everyone helping me.

I played all of the cards in my hand but authority always wins... I don't understand.
Her reasons: the minivan needs to be replaced "because it is time"
"don't want someone else's problem"
"many kids would be happy to have your car"
"college is coming"

Here is some letting off steam on my part if anyone cares to listen. I need to type before I explode!!!
1. ok so lets go ahead and buy the most expensive mid-sized hybrid suv that everyother mom has in the neigborhood... sure that is a great example for me!???
2. Buy someone elses problem? well then that would explain that my dad is an idiot since he has owned a ton of cars, and most were used.
3.saftey issues i brought up, mom believes taht the jeep is safe, so i told her to look it up and prove herself wrong. now she replied, well i am sure the big fancy tires didn't make it safer, my reply "that wasn't my doing"!!!
4. it isn't my car, oh but I am the only one that drives it.
5. $5000 differnce, it isn't like I can't cover it, i am the one working after school instead of watching tv!!!
6. save my money for something necessary... oh sure i'll just waste my money on an ipod or computer, good idea parents! not.
7. I should tell them that I'll just end up blowing it on stupid things since they won't let me buy things that matter to me.
8. I am so pissed, sure the jeep is nice, but i am bored of it, and obviously my dad was bored of it when he went and bought his mustang gt.

Sorry for everyone's inconvience, I think I need to call the audi-grief hotline....
Billy

Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
3rd Gear

If I ever tried talking my parents into buying me an Audi when I was in high school, my dad would first laugh at me and then throw me out...

Old 03-21-2006, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

hah well that sucks that your dad wouldn't take you seriously. The thing is that they say that the money isn't there but I totally have the money.

I am going to keep trying, my mom said no dog, and after a long time we got her to cave in. My mom also said no second dog.. wow look at that we have a puppy..

New game strategy/plan:
I am going to take the long drawn out war strategy. I think the lightning war failed me, but if I keep hammering it in little by little.... I think I just have to have them listen to me.

Things I need to make this work:
1.) References on how long these cars last, how reliable they are.
2.) Warantees on used vehicles? are they expensive/ worth it?
3.) more advice

Thanks Audi people. I hope to be like you some day!
Billy

Old 03-21-2006, 11:18 PM
1st Gear

well, im in the same boat as you, 18 and i have an altima, which is nice, but its fwd and i live in MN... My sister needs a car soon, so i said, "Hey, why not give her my 03 v6 altima with 27k, and you can just spend less than 15k on a car w/ awd for me!" Well that backfired... Turns out my sis hates my altima, i dont know why....

Old 03-21-2006, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Bjk2
"well then your definition of economic is: keeping a high mileage car, paying for it when it breaks, instead of buying a low mileage car?"
An audi is not the cheapest car to maintain.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:47 AM
1st Gear

Thanks everyone. I don't really know what route I am going to go. I think my ideas are very logical, but I don't understand my parents. They probably don't understand me either. I guess I am just too young of a car guy with too little influence. I played ice hockey until this year 11 months out of the year. The money that my parents have saved in year on hockey would probably get me pretty close to the difference. The expenses are huge in that sport and they were more than willing to shell out the money to keep me going. I guess they don't understand motorsports. They know that cars have been a passion my whole life, my dad is a total car guy. I just am completely lost as why they don't let me pursue this passion?? sure it is expensive but so is flying and they are more than willing to shell out some money for that. It's not like I want to be a pilot, it is strictly for recreation.. welll I guess I will just have to continue my brain storming.
Blly

Old 03-22-2006, 02:54 AM
18T
4th Gear

Well flying is different. I can help you out with that. Plus its something that sticks with you for the rest of your life, whether you stay at a private, or continue to your commercial. only thing that needs to be renewed is your medical.

If i had to choose between flying and my car, it would be flying. I cant live without it!! i can drive a crx or a beat up isuzu, but i cant go without flying.

Keep working at it, try to get your dad to be on your side. work it little by little. you know how water cuts trhough rocks, it does it slowly but surely.

Quick Reply: Convince the parents on an A4