New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

careercadaver's 2000 Nogaro S4 - MI

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
1st Gear
Default careercadaver's 2000 Nogaro S4 - MI

Picked up a 2000 Nogaro S4 with Alcantara Insets about a week ago and thus far I have been very happy with the car. There are a few things I will be changing out to better suit my preferences but overall the car is very nice and gets a lot of compliments. Here's how she sits now:

Name:  4804d961.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  a6484a1f.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  81cf19d0.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  47.6 KB

RS6 Wheels
Tein Basics
JHM Trio Short Shifter Package
NGK Spark Plugs
JHM 4:1 center diff upgrade
35% Tint

Lots of service done, including timing belt and water pump, All 4 O2 Sensors, EGT Sensors, both rear wheel bearings and right front as well, accessory belt, all cam shaft seals and valve cover gaskets, both side lower control arms, both left side upper control arms, ABS module rebuilt, new power steering pump, new central locking pump, 1st and 2nd gear synchro's and shift collar, RS4 Pressure plate and custom 4 puck style clutch with VAST lightweight flywheel. All within the last 10K miles.

Getting a bit of vibration over 60mph, I believe it is from warped rotors which I have heard are a common issue with OEM replacement rotors. I plan to swap out the rotors and pads for some drilled Stoptech Rotors and Hawk Pads and a set of Goodyear Eagle GT A/S Tires. Nothing too fancy for tires yet, saving for a Summer wheel and tire combo for the spring. If all goes as planned I'm thinking Linea Corse LC818's or maybe something BBS but I'm still researching to see what offset I'll be needing, wanting something pretty aggressive.

Also, the Bose system has that came with the car has left something to be desired. I have a set of Focal Utopia Component Speakers I plan to swap in up front and I'm thinking maybe some Boston Acoustic Rear Door and Deck speakers for acoustic fill. I'd like to pick up a headunit here too, just gotta see what kinda cash I can get together. I've had a few Alpine units and been satisfied thus far but either way it will have to have Navigation to tempt me.

Also, seeing an RS4 Grill in my future and maybe a front lip if I can find one something that's not too tacky. Hoping to get through the winter without spending too much on her.

Before this vehicle I had a Subaru RS that I planned to swap but lost interest. I'm certain I will own other Subaru's in the future, though the S4 suits my needs quite a bit better at the moment. Before that I owned an IS300 with lots of goodies. Here's a few pics and parts lists...

2001 Subaru Impreza RS (Satin White)

Name:  111e6968.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  101.0 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  120.8 KB

Name:  8874dcf8.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  926ea7e9.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  65.1 KB

- Bakemono Mesh Fog Light Covers
- JDM Tails
- CNT Catback
- Cobb CAI
- WRX Limited Interior
- WRX Black Carpet
- TEIN Hood Dampers
- Espelir Lowering Springs
- Prodrive P1's w/ Hankook Ventus V12's

2002 Lexus IS300

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  GetAttachmentaspx-2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  44.8 KB

Name:  GetAttachment-4aspx.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  lex002-3.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  75.1 KB

Name:  DSC02935.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  68.1 KB

-Tein CS Coilovers
-TRD Yellow Race Sways
-TRD Underbraces (Front and Rear)
-TRD Rear Strut Tie Bar/ Ebay Front
-19X9’ Ro_ja F1’s (+40 Offset)
-Ray’s Locking Lug Nuts and Valve Stems
-Carson Tuned Front and Side Skirts
-Authentic TRD Rear Skirt
-Seibon Carbon Hood w/ Painted Corners
-Areocatch Hood Pin Set
-Figs Hood Supports
-Altezza Older Style Grille w/ Lexus "L"
-Painted Calipers w/ Decals
-Drilled and Slotted Rotors
-Stoptech SS Brake Lines
-Alpine IVA-W505
-Focal Utopia FA 165W Component Speakers
-Focal 400W/4 Amp
-JDM Dark Chrome Tails
-JDM Double Din Dash Kit

Last edited by careercadaver; 11-29-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
1st Gear

Finalizing a parts list for my Audio upgrade/overhaul this week. Thus far I have picked up:

Alpine IVA-W505
Focal Utopia (FA165W) Components
Focal Solid 4 Amp
Boston Acoustics SE35
Boston Acoustic SE65RC

Decided not to put a lot of money into the rear door and deck speakers as they are pretty much just acoustic fill at this stage. Still needing dynamat but overall I think I've got a decent start. I also have a set of JL 12W6V2's that I am considering making a custom box for. I still need an amo and capacitor for them but I'm going to run the RCA's to the truck so it's quick and easy should I decide to add them later.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:30 PM
1st Gear

Got my Goodyear Eagle GT A/S's mounted this week. Swapping out TRE's as one was bad and I got a Black Friday deal on a Set and I planned to get the vehicle aligned this weekend. After that the stereo overhaul begins...

I think I have all the pieces I am in need of short of a little dynamat and some speaker wire. Though I am a wondering what I am getting into trying to custom fit 6.5"X3"(depth) components in place of my door speakers. From what I have read the 6.5's "should" fit without issue but the depth is at a max and will likely require a little fitting/customization. At minimal I will get my deck speakers ran as well as my RCA's and Headunit. I'd like to do it all at once but with the weather starting to change I'm sure it will affect my ambition.

I am also feeling the need for an alarm and I'd like to add remote start...Let the process begin I suppose...

Old 11-29-2011, 04:59 PM
5th Gear

Clean cars. I <3 that Subie.

Welcome!

Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

Thanks man! I know I'll miss the Subie but I'm hoping this compares to how it handled in the snow. Overall the suspension on the S4 far surpasses what I've seen with Subaru.

Last edited by careercadaver; 12-15-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Stereo overhaul has gone well thus far. Though I have had a hick-up or two. The previous owner of my Alpine HU did not include all the harnesses and that cost a little time. Too, Crutchfield did not have the correct speaker sizes for the door speakers so I had to order the correct ones and do the whole bait and switch routine eith them. Ended up being able to fit 6.5's in the doors and rear deck:

Side by side Boston Acoustic and Bose for the rear door.

Name:  8f156dd2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  90.0 KB
Rear Door installed.

Name:  961d1dfe.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  104.4 KB
Rear Deck installed.

Also, my effort to put the component set-up I have in the front doors will prove a bit challenging. It looks as though I will have to make a baffle on the outside of the door to accomidate the depth. As well the front door speakers are 4" and I'm trying to go 6.5" so it would require fab work either way. Still need to install an amp under a seat, not certain where the Bose amp is either so I'm going to have to do some digging to familiarize myself.

Got the HU all wired in and everything worked well last night. Got in the car this morning and sor no apparent reason there is no power to the Alpine... I'm assuming maybe a fuse but I will not likely have time to check it until tomorrow afternoon. Here's an installed pic of the HU:

Name:  2389f801.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  45.2 KB

Car needs a good cleaning after my endeavor, but at least the final product will look nice. Might be pulling the deck lid again to keep my work as hidden as possible.

Last edited by careercadaver; 12-15-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

blue suede shift boot?! schweet

good luck getting the power problem sorted. pesky German engineering does not like to play well with others

Old 12-15-2011, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 02A6Beau
blue suede shift boot?! schweet

good luck getting the power problem sorted. pesky German engineering does not like to play well with others

Should have known about zee germans when I saw them using different color wires for hot and ground, etc. I'll get it figured out, just thought I had it when the stereo ran for 20 minutes last night without issue...

Thanks on the suede boot. I assume it's stock, hadn't really thought about it.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

It's been awhile since I've posted up here. Been picking up parts lately but struggling to find time to throw everything together.

Been having some troubles with the aftermarket headunit. It seems to want to work fine for a few days then stop randomly...

Had a buddy make me some custom baffles for my front doors to accomidate my 6.5" Focal Utopia Component Set-up. I'll be bridging a Focal Solid 400 (400X4) Amp to them and doing some dynamat on the insides of the door skins, hopefully over the weekend. I'm going to have to make a custom mount for the amp as well, thinking under the rear deck lid in the trunk to keep as much usable space as possible. Still want to do a sub in the spot where OEM 6 disk changer currently sits but I still need to pick up a sub and amp, thinking JL.

Here's a pic of the Custom baffles:

Name:  1d38767d.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  54.7 KB

Name:  a0b35939.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  37.1 KB

Also, picked up StopTech Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads that are going on as soon as possible:

Name:  6f9d03e1.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  94.5 KB

And this last week I bought a Podi Guage pod from a group buy on Audizine, still need a guage, thinking VEI. And a set of wheels. I had been leaning toward either VMR 710's or Miro 111's but found a good deal on BBS RXII's in 18X8.5 et32 so I grabbed them too:

Name:  c47f9e9c.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  69.6 KB

Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM
1st Gear

Had my climate control go out too. Bought one off ebay. Should be here any day now.