New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An A5 Followed Me Home

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 01:25 PM
1st Gear
Default An A5 Followed Me Home

We wanted a convertible. While there are many excellent choices in the various German brands, I wanted to get away from the expense and complexity of the BMWs, Audis and Porsches so I decided a drop top Mustang was just the ticket.

I found one at CarMax so my wife and I traveled there to check it out. On the way from the showroom to the Mustang, we passed a deep blue A5 cabriolet. I continued on to the Mustang. My wife, a P-car fan, stuck at the Audi. So budgets be blown, we drove the A5 home. I will admit right off the bat that this is one of if not the most enjoyable car I've ever run about in. I'll need to take a college course in the infotainment system, I suppose, but it'll be worth it. The sound is terrific.

I chatted up the indie wrench who worked on our BMWs about reliability. He said the only true defect he knew about was oil consumption that if not attended to will lead to a seized engine. He added that another customer of his bought a used A5 and over the last 6 months spent $9,000 on repairs with him, the indie. If we keep the car (we have a 10 day return period) I do plan on putting a dipstick in it because I have a low opinion of the silly electronic system.

I'd appreciate two things now. First, are these all too often money sinks that never stop or are the used Audi horror stories I hear only attention getting because they are rare? We have 9 days to return this to CarMax if we wish to. I'd also like a recommendation on a dipstick. The ones I found so far won't work on the 2018 2.0T.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Old 06-29-2024, 11:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Super Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels

Break free from traditional dating norms and embrace the best in casual connections.
Verified Damsels
Supreme casual Dating

Old 06-29-2024, 08:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Finest Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels

Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town!
True Females
Superlative casual Dating

Old 06-30-2024, 03:51 AM
1st Gear
Default Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Females

Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town!
True Females
Superlative casual Dating