New Member Welcome Area Are you new to Audi Forums? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 avant's 1st road trip and introduction

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:47 AM
1st Gear
Default 02 avant's 1st road trip and introduction

Hello everyone,

I live in los angeles and on Thursday traded in my 02' volvo s80 for an 02 a4 avant and couldn't be happier. My s80 purchase was only a year ago and paid it off a couple of months ago and wasn't really looking forward to start paying monthlies again but the deal i got and the car i wanted and got (black on black 3.0 with low mileage) was too much to resist. I loved my s80 very very much and kept it pristine as the person who owned it before me did but wanted a smaller car that i could put my amps and guitars into without it being a giant chore (read; lifting it higher than i needed to to put it in the giant trunk of the s80) that would also perform and feel better driving. The s80 was a great car but it was big and squishy and was approaching 50k miles so i decided after a couple test drives that the avant was the right car for me. I have a couple things that need to be fixed on it from the dealer like the lighter not working and a couple of the plastic door pieces on the compartments in the trunk area to be replaced but besides that I AM SO HAPPY!!!! I just got back from our 1st road trip in her and it was amazing. The car not only felt more solid and outperformed it was amazing compared to my heavier yet super safe s80 . Anyway, i just wanted to introduce myself and say thank you to all the contributors who's posts i have been reading for awhile before i made my purchase. I do thank those that have posted in my one thread prior to purchasing but meant to all and everyone for making this forum such a wealth of knowledge. I hope some day i will be able to help a noob or 10 but as of today i am the noobasarus and i am sure as i get more comfortable with the car i will have many questions and, yes, i do know how to use the search function in both basic and advanced mode. Okay, this is probably the longest intro ever so i should get going and keep reading threads.... let the obsession begin.

pandas

Old 09-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Administrator
Default RE: 02 avant's 1st road trip and introduction

SWEET nice to have another panda here
i can see ur a SoCal memeber aslo we have a GTG
if u like you can drop by
https://www.audiforums.com/m_331788/tm.htm

and im very glad u like ur new A4

Old 09-07-2006, 04:22 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: 02 avant's 1st road trip and introduction