Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

StL thread... no gtg talk, just shoes/kelly's car

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM

damn matt sucks for ur *** haha sorry and kolby how does a fire log poker shoved in ur spine and then roating u like a marshmellow until the geico caveman gets ya haha what now hahahaha and jeff nice rental not bad i would run the hell outta it

Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM

roasting*

Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2001A6
Nice, we test drove a wagon 2.0t tip for my mom a few months ago. It seemed like there were a lot of vibrations at idle in D, specially with the ac on. Even in N it was bad. It was down right terrible compared to the GLI she has now, same engine, but with a DSG. Have you noticed that in your loaner car at all?
2.0T + tip = terrible vibration. I hate it enough that I am going to get rid of it next year. Manuals aren't as bad. Audi claims its the FSI technology. GLI/A3 have a different configuration than the A4 2.0T-wise, Tranverse vs. Longitudinally mounted. Apparantly the GLI/A3 have far less vibrations.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Guru

so i am driving your sister then

was yours a s-line to begin with?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Hey, Well Again I'm checking in, I'm back in StL for break and will be here till July 10... Anyway, I have a huge problem, Boost Leak! Its terrible. The car is slow as hell in the low revs. Top end is still quick, but from 3k-5k rpm is slow. Does anyone know the cheapest way to test/fix this. I need to do the timing belt too. Jeff I know you can do it, but can you do the boost leak too? Doubt it will be happening because the car is most likely not going to be in my driveway this summer, but if it is I want to make it fun again.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Guru

if it is an apparent leak that i will not have to track down, ie. looking at hoses and saying wow there is the culprit, as i have done with my own car, that should be fine

as far as the tb is concerned, yeah i can do it........ it will be down at least a day and will not be cheap

let me rephrase it, i can do it on a 1.8, should be able to on a 2.7 but i would need to look at it to see

i will say this, i am not a master mechanic and i am not responsible if anything should happen to the car while in my hands or after it leaves my garage...... take that how you want, but i am not insured to fix problems later on........ now that being said, parktown or any other big time dealership can do the same tb for about 1500 i think with kit included, you would have to pay me to buy you a kit and then i will tell you a price after i see how hard it is

on a 1.8 i would probably charge about 600.......

i do know there is a guy local, named matt mosemoe that does this kind of work and is apparently very skilled, not sure what he charges

he normally hangs out on aw in the stl section

Old 12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by autoverruckt
2.0T + tip = terrible vibration. I hate it enough that I am going to get rid of it next year. Manuals aren't as bad. Audi claims its the FSI technology. GLI/A3 have a different configuration than the A4 2.0T-wise, Tranverse vs. Longitudinally mounted. Apparantly the GLI/A3 have far less vibrations.
Thats BS, the fuel system isnt responsible for it being rough. Both my parents cars with the 2.0T, the GLI, and my dads GTI is a manual, both are smooth as glass. That was a major turn off for my mom about geting that A4. You would think the longitudinal version in the A4 would be better, it certainly costs more. The transverse platform cars are the cheaper ones, why are they better?? Hopefully the B8 A4 with its new engine location has some revised mounts to get rid of the vibes.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by betes
damn matt sucks for ur *** haha sorry and kolby how does a fire log poker shoved in ur spine and then roating u like a marshmellow until the geico caveman gets ya haha what now hahahaha and jeff nice rental not bad i would run the hell outta it
LOL good one, man!! Imma hafta think of a good reply to that one...

Old 12-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Guru

you guys are butt pirates hahahaha

Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
5th Gear

At least our home planet isn't Jewpiter.

Name:  Jewpiter.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  23.2 KB