Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

StL thread... no gtg talk, just shoes/kelly's car

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by autoverruckt
What I find amusing is the trash talking of kits that nobody even has. But at least I am still learning something I guess.

i am not trash talking any unmade kit............ i am trash talking as you put it something that is not feasible for a regular guy to mass produce......

if apr/ecs/giac or some larger company took a b5 s4 and took about a yr to do r & d i think there could be a great kit out on the market for the s4......... but if say i took my say 10grand to build my car and had someone do a kit for me....... then said "hey there are about another 1000 guys looking for something like this, lets sell it"....
it wouldn't be feasible

Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by Gobot
And yes.
dude....think or feel how you might........... but i do know more about these cars than that kid..... and like i said i am not telling him not to get it, but he posted about it so i can give him my opinion and if that makes me a dick so be it..........

i am a dick......... funny thing is, i know i am

Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM

i never said i was going to buy the first kit he trys to sell i dont plan on upgrading my turbos till they either blow or in at least another year or 2 and by then it "will be proven" if it worksouts...and hes having someone who has made countless files for different setups on the S make up an ecu for him.

and if i would get it i wouldnt go to you for help if something went wrong anyway you tried to charge me 50$ to solder two wires together who knows how much you would charge to even look at my engine.

and if youve been into car for 18yrs great for you but that dosent mean anything and i never said it was easy to work on these cars you just think you know so much more than any of us on here just cause were younger than you so you think you can talk down on us or well me

Old 10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
2nd Gear

Time for bye bye A6 and hello S4 avant Screw putting $800 unto my front end when I can trade my car in + 2k on a 2001 red S4 avant with new k03s, new tires, quiet front end, and perfect black leather. Its got 93000 on it, same as mine.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:43 PM

atleast its not silver...is it manual or automatic?

Old 10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear

its auto(tip), wish it was a stick but o well. Its got the little buttons on the wheel to shift with. It seems rather hard to find good S4s around here. The one at my work is a stick but its not that nice. I think it will look ba if i tint it, black out the wheels, tails, cc mod, red calipers... and I love the avants so it works for me.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Guru

no i was going to charge you $50 to put the podi on and wire the boost guage........ tell the whole story............

no, i know i know more than most of you guys........ but i am not the smartest, just read up on these cars

Old 10-09-2008, 10:12 PM

that is the story i said i have the vac line ran the steering column mount off and all i need is for you to connect the wires and you said ok 50$ and i said that bullshit no way would i pay for it and you said well i solder all the connections and make it real clean...

Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Guru

if all you had was the vac line ran, which is the easiest part, i still had to do the work

Old 10-10-2008, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

Hey betes, hope you didnt go down, everyone peaced about 10. That black S left about 5 min after I sent you that last text, I looked at my phone and it was dead, pos razor or however the f* k you spell it. Asked him if he saw ya, he said possibly but he had no recolection of that day... get it! There were 4 cops in the parking lot, blocking the main part so people didnt hot rod I guess. They were on the loud speaker sayin that if people didnt order food then they needed to leave, and if they didnt they would be arrested. A ton of cars, had another AF member with a 2.8 A6 show but I rode down in my buddys SRT4 so there was no more than one audi at a time. Wanted to drive but didnt cause of my front suspension woes

Damn 02, u and turbo have been at it for like 3 pages now, lol.

My dad is now telling me he really doesnt want me to get the S, he is so much against me getting that car in fact that he offered to pay half of my bill (including lowering springs, shocks, sways, and the Febi control arm kit) if I agree to keep my car. A deal thats hard to pass up so I guess Im still gonna have a slow A6... but it will drive like a proper sports sedan, and look like one to