Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

StL thread... no gtg talk, just shoes/kelly's car

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
1st Gear

How it going everyone? New member here. I am from the St. Charles area. Super uber newb to Audis, but loving mine so far.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:39 PM
1st Gear

Welcome to the audi club! What kind of car are you driving? And have you checked out AudiZine.com yet? It's a bit more active than this site is as far as the local forums thread is concerned.

Last edited by FulhamFTW; 11-18-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2003 A4 Quattro with the 1.8t. 5 spd. I haven't gotten on Audizine yet. I will check it out though.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

greetings!

been a long while since i've posted in here. seems to be some new STL members...welcome.

STILL driving the same 2005 S4. i'm kind of ready for a new car but i really feel like i have to keep with a cab...so that limits my options a little.
plus...i got a dog a little over a year ago (black lab/antolian shepherd (i think) mix).
he turns 2 next month and goes with me just about everywhere, so now i have a "dog hair car" and i'm not sure if i'd be willing to let him ride as much in a new car.

this pic is a year old, so he's a bit bigger than here.

Last edited by S4sweeteeteeRS; 11-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM
1st Gear

New potential Audi owner here. I'm looking at an 07 A4 Avant with S-line package for sale here in the area. 78k miles.

They listed it at 18,950.

Whats a true fair price?

It's in great shape overall, but its gonna need a timing belt, motor mount, tranny fluid, and oil change soon.

Also, to those looking for a good shop, the mechanics at this place called EcoTech at Watson and Elm in Webster Groves are some of the best Euro guys in town.

Fair and Honest, no BS.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:42 AM
1st Gear

+1 for Ecotech. I used them for a clutch replacement on my old B6 A4. Great price, quality work, and really honest dudes. Neil's customer service was great. As for the Avant, what are the toal options on the car? Quattro? Nav? Bose? 5spd or auto? These are definitely going to be deciding factors on the price. Avants in general are pretty highly sought after, so the price will typically be right at or above NADA/blue book, because people are willing to pay for it. The most important thing to look at is the maintenance records, because that will determine what you will pay down the line. I would shoot them about $1500 lower and cite the timing belt replacement as the reason, because that will be about what it will cost you to have it done(at the dealer anyway, but I'm sure Ecotech will be way cheaper). I would see if you could take it to Ecotech first have them look over it. Maybe even a compression test. If it all checks out, pick that bad boy up, because you will not be disappointed. B7 S-line styling, 4 cylinder mpg's, plus Avant makes that one awesome ride. If I didn't love the rumble of the V8 in my B7 S4 so much, I would certainly look into an A4 Avant.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM
1st Gear

here's a link to the ride.

2007 Audi A4 for sale in Kirkwood - WAUSF78E07A161790 - The Dean Team of Kirkwood

It has a goofy carfax with an accident. I took her to ecotech already and they gave me the ok. It'll need a timing belt, transmission fluid change, oil change, and motor mount shortly after purchase.

What's a compression test?

I'm trying to end up getting her for 16k

Old 12-20-2012, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

Bah, I have always felt that Dean Team prices their cars a little high. I wouldn't pay a dime over $15500. A compression test will tell you what the compression is in each cylinder. Low compression is bad news and could be a symptom of multiple different problems. Bad valves, head gasket, rings. Ecotech should be able to run one for you no problem. With all the work that needs to be done, plus the accident, and an auto trans, they are deffinitely pricing it too high. Talk them done if you can, or pass on the car. It is a beautiful color though. Don't be afraid to walk though. Sometimes it take a while to find that perfect Audi.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Hey everyone, just wanted to see who is in the St. Charles area. I live right at 364/94 and seen a few cleeean Audis in the area wondering if anyone wanted to meet up some time n chat Audi, maybe a few pictures. Btw I'm the silver B7 A4

Old 12-28-2012, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by awdftw90
Hey everyone, just wanted to see who is in the St. Charles area. I live right at 364/94 and seen a few cleeean Audis in the area wondering if anyone wanted to meet up some time n chat Audi, maybe a few pictures. Btw I'm the silver B7 A4
I'm not in the St. Charles area, but I work somewhat close to there(My office is at the Mills Mall). I would be up for meeting up somewhere. There are also a few people over on Audizine.com that have mentioned meeting up as well, so you might post in the St. Louis Thread over there too. I drive a black B7 S4 with yellow Stoptech BBK, so if you've seen that, it was definitely me. send me a pm and maybe we can work out getting a meet put together. Nothing big, just a cars and coffee sort of thing. I know the BMW owners in the area have something like that going, time to get the audi owners involved as well!