Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

StL thread... no gtg talk, just shoes/kelly's car

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM
2nd Gear

That x a million!!!! Same I am hoping for, this code deal is pissing me off. We were checking ohm readings for the heaters, and both rear sensors are very similar in their readings. I just don't get it....

Old 06-10-2009, 11:04 PM
1st Gear

No mention of the STL European Car show last Sunday? I wanna see pics of the Audis that were there. People seem to only post pics of 'other' cars (i.e Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, etc). I couldn't be there for most of it.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:26 PM
2nd Gear

Didnt hear about it till after the fact. Heard a few people from the "audi club" were there, according to the VW peeps. I guess that means the stl. chapter of ACONA?? Thats all Ive heard of around here.

Hey Jeff, have you heard anything from them(ACONA)? Iwas gonna join, but lost the form.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2001A6
Didnt hear about it till after the fact. Heard a few people from the "audi club" were there, according to the VW peeps. I guess that means the stl. chapter of ACONA?? Thats all Ive heard of around here.

Hey Jeff, have you heard anything from them(ACONA)? Iwas gonna join, but lost the form.
Around 12 of us STL ACNA members showed their cars (including me). Bommarito Audi has stepped up to the plate to 'support' our local chapter. They put a tent right next to us and had an R8, S6, and S8 under it. Talked to the shop foreman who was there and we discussed modded cars and warranty, etc. Based on what he said, I will be taking my car to Bomm for service from now on.

If you want to join, http://www.audiclubna.org/forms/acna-join.html. They 'should' place you in the STL chapter based on your address or you can mention it in the comments section.

FYI some happenings in the club: We had a detail clinic the week before the car show, and invited the Porsche club. Last month STL Audi had a teen defensive driving clinic. Sixty-five teens were signed up and Plaza Audi stepped up and donated 6 or 7 Audis for the clinic. Clinic was free and paid for by sponsers. New A4's, A6 supercharged, Q5's were used at Gateway with the inside track and parking lot set up with different drills. STL County police, ILL HP, and Madison Fire Dept held modules for this event too. I volunteered for that and the cool thing is that we recruited driving instructors from the 'other clubs' to help out (porsche, mini, bmw). I had some fun in the new audi's myself. The current president is really making an effort to put our very young club on the map in STL.

I know some of you question the worth of joining a club for $44 a year. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I personally just like being piped in on what's going on with the above mentioned car clubs in the area as well a participating when I can (plus you get the magazine quattro quarterly). BTW we have a club drive scheduled soon - Matt Osmoe (VP) is coordinating that. I will post when I know. And my apologies for not mentioning the car show on here...there was some good hardware this year. I dropped my car off and was only there for a total of 30-45min so I didnt get to see everything.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:17 PM
2nd Gear

Thats cool. Thanks for the link. Bommarito is a great group. They are now stlvws leading sponsor. Took it away from dean team. We all get discounts on parts/labor, accesories, mods are cool, and also new cars. Im glad to see they are helping Audi folks as well.

And besides, my last few trips to parktown havent been so plesant.

Il join that asap, before I forget. At least I cant lose a link, LOL.

O and are there any club plans to run up to Treffen this August?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

So Im gonna take my car to get looked at here in the next few days, to see if its actually my cats or not... After talking to my dad, he suggested a placed called EuroCar over off Midland somewhere. Its apparently where he used to take his 944 when he had it, and from what my dad said, the guy that owns it does great work. Has anyone here had any experience with EuroCar?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:00 AM
2nd Gear

Nah, sry john.

Well this **** up and died...

Old 06-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Guru

Car is heading to the shop

Old 06-22-2009, 08:23 PM
2nd Gear

My Mom sold the Miata... then this showed up...

Name:  IMG_2075.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  151.1 KB

Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 PM
5th Gear

******' sweet. So is the Jetta her DD and that her weekend toy?