pm
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

StL GTG

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: StL GTG

Kolby - Im thinkin about something that has same potential but for much less money. I LOVE my S4, but im sooo scared of a turbo going, or something along the lines of that. I mean if im gonna put 3 to 4k in my car, i dont want it to have to be on a stock part and crazy labor rates, but rather something thats gonna persuade me to hang onto the car, like stage 3! Also im moving out of the rents house in november so i wont have spare cash to put into the car. It just doesnt seem practical any more. P.S. your sig is SICK!

Turbo - Yea i definatly like the Evo 9, but most have been beaten up pretty well. I dont know too much about those cars either. Ill need to check out some forums or something. Got any links for me? I had a buddy who had a VR4 and he said he had nothin but problems, im not a big fan of those anyway.Ill probably go with eitheran Evoor an S2k and slap a bt on it.Im trying to lean more torward reliablility withouthaving high labor and part costs.You should look for a evo for me!!I know how good you are at finding **** online.
Also if your gonna go bt, that mean youll have get new fueling, new tuning, new intercooler, new clutch...etc, to getyour moneys worth outta the turbo.I would absolutly love to see you go bt, but its gonna cost ya. I hate to say it...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: K_DubS4

Also if your gonna go bt, that mean youll have get new fueling, new tuning, new intercooler, new clutch...etc, to getyour moneys worth outta the turbo.I would absolutly love to see you go bt, but its gonna cost ya. I hate to say it...
the ic should be ok for now, as well as the clutch, for now.... plans are to get a turbo kit with tuning/fueling and run on my clutch till i can upgrade..... or get a turbo run an mcb then get clutch and tunning......... we will see when i get to that part

i will keep my eye open

Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: K_DubS4

Kolby - Im thinkin about something that has same potential but for much less money. I LOVE my S4, but im sooo scared of a turbo going, or something along the lines of that. I mean if im gonna put 3 to 4k in my car, i dont want it to have to be on a stock part and crazy labor rates, but rather something thats gonna persuade me to hang onto the car, like stage 3! Also im moving out of the rents house in november so i wont have spare cash to put into the car. It just doesnt seem practical any more. P.S. your sig is SICK!
Gotcha. I'd be paranoid, too.

And thanks; I like that picture, too.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:44 PM

turbo you gonna buy his wheels cause if not kdubs name a price and id like to buy them with tires on them cuz my wheels have winter tires on them right now so i dont wanna keep riding around with those

Old 07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Guru

i will buy them when he decides on a price........ i am the one that painted them, that is why i get first dibbs....... he knew that when we painted them

Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Guru

ORIGINAL: 02audia41.8

turbo you gonna buy his wheels cause if not kdubs name a price and id like to buy them with tires on them cuz my wheels have winter tires on them right now so i dont wanna keep riding around with those
and when that happens..... i would be willing to trade you a set of s4 wheels or tires cause depending on what he does, i have 2 sets mine and his...... mine are painted black his are not

but both have tires

Old 07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
1st Gear

i should sell to the highest bidder... but i cant be a complete ***, just half of one

Why do you suggest Vast's piggies instead on HTP's? They both make them the same way. Ill probably go through HTP cuz they only charge $225 for parts and labor which is like $400 cheaper than Vast for just the pipes.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Guru

the reason i recommended it, is because i am sure with his car being so new he doesn't wanna be down more than half a day without his car.......

and i know matt can be booked pretty good and not be able to do things for a while

also when i typed that i had totally forgot about matt doing it[:@] me was tie-red

Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 PM

if i do get piggies those wont pass emissions will they? i know its a long way away but in 2 years ill have to get my emissions and if the piggies wont pass ill ned to have my stock exhaust to put back on for it to pass so i was thinking for a exhaust shop to just make me some straight pipes so i can alos keep my stock exhaust

Old 07-02-2008, 06:30 PM
1st Gear

Do you have tuning? I think without tuning you should be fine, but i know with my apr there might be some complications. About the custom pipes, if your talking about gettin custom down pipes made.. 1.I dont think any muffler shop can make you those 2. If they can, i bet itll be exspensive!! Better off buyin some.