Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Shops in St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by S4sweetee
yes, they treat me nice at parktown but they're like drug pushers.

when i had my A6, and it was out of warranty, i had some things done to it for 80K. don't remember the cost, but they quoted something i thought was reasonable for the work to be done. then when they have it on the lift, they call and say...oh yeah, it needs this, this and this.
then a couple months later something else went wrong so i had to take it in again. they swore that the current problem was unrelated to anything they did prior, but i'm guessing they did something to insure i'd be back in.

problem is that plaza is even worse. i'll never go there!
HAHAHAHA! They definitely are "drug pushers". I say no the first time and they just keep with it until you drive off or you give in.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
1st Gear

hmm, my wp/tb AND 50k maint was a couple bucks over 1500 last year at Parktown - about a year ago.

Inflation? Or maybe its just the 3.0 is that much more? I dont know....

I would love to find a mechanic and use the "Strength in numbers" tactic. Not that I dont trust jeff, he knows his ****

Old 04-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Guru

http://www.eurotrixtuning.com/
jon rhodes shop out in union.... he is at about $68/hr or at least with my clutch that is about how the math came out

620 / 9

hey... i know my ****, and it is cool if someone would rather pay a shop or pay more than what i charge... i did the same thing, had an offer to have my clutch done for 250... but i didn't know the guy so i passed

Old 04-14-2009, 03:49 PM
1st Gear

From reading more info about the 3.0, its a little more difficult to replace the tb than the 1.8. I got a response back from Reid Vann. An estimate for the timing belt/water pump replacement for your vehicle is approx. $1540.00. That price includes labor and parts consisting of belt, rollers, tensioner, waterpump, coolant....

And as far as having someone work on my car out of the shop, I usually wouldn't mind... But for a timing belt, I would rather have a shop that has some kind of warranty in case something goes wrong.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:29 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut
yeah but matt is on the high side of things... he wanted a little less than parktown did to do my clutch....

not that i wouldn't have him do work, but you would think someone competing with others would give a break in price, specially if you are not a full blow shop
Hmm interesting...I have referred a few people to him and all very happy about his rate. Of course it wasn't a clutch job but he still charged far less than a shop or stealership.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

the name of the shop i got refrenced to by a friend was:
GLB motors on big bend.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Timing belt

Hello everyone! I am usually on Audiworld, but I thought I'd check in and noticed a reference to my shop (Osmoe Performance Garage). I charge $450 for timing belts (v6) if you supply the parts. It may be less, depending on your model.

I can do anything for Audi/VW in my shop, but I focus on performance work. I do VAST custom tuning, full engine builds, suspension, brakes, intercoolers, meth injection, etc. I get parts discounts as well and never charge more than cost. Shoot me an email 'mosmoe' on gmail if you want estimates or just advice.

Turbokraut: Clutches are a PITA! I don't really try to compete for those jobs. I charge less than dealers, and I will work with people. But in general, I really don't like to change out clutches since I do not have a lift and it can tie up the garage for quite a while.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Guru

i wasn't bashing you, just stating that was more than i wanted to pay.... you have helped me out many of times, or at least tried......