Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread

ORIGINAL: Lsixer

ok, Im all in now. Not only a bimmer forum guru, now I need to get involved in my other cars group. Hey all!

-Adam
What's up welcome to AF!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

The tires are decent I hav a slow leak in the passenger rear. Yea when I put it in the gears it just winds like its not catching or something but the speedo goes up and 1 guy says he had the same thing but its the axle I got under the car the other day couldn't tell if nething was out of place and it sucks that thers snow out and I got 2 cars in the garage so I'm kind effed also I don't know wat the hell I'm doing lol

Old 12-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Welcome.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:00 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: dj jerrylee

The tires are decent I hav a slow leak in the passenger rear. Yea when I put it in the gears it just winds like its not catching or something but the speedo goes up and 1 guy says he had the same thing but its the axle I got under the car the other day couldn't tell if nething was out of place and it sucks that thers snow out and I got 2 cars in the garage so I'm kind effed also I don't know wat the hell I'm doing lol
Well I would say say the trans is not the problem but more like the transfer case or axle. I lean more towards the transfer case because the car will not move at all under its own power. The reason I asked if you had replaced any tires is with quattro all the tires need to be the same circumference or you will mess things up badly.

Does it make any noise when its being pushed in neutral?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

Ok wats the transfer case where is it located and all of the tires are the same just that 1 has a leak I'm gonna swap my tires from my dads 90 cuz they are all the same and in excellant condition cuz he has after market rims but when I was pushing the car I had it on not off and in neutral and it made a little bit of noise not loud it was like a rubbing noise. I think this is all in result of me hittin a curb n this crappy restaurant drive thru I backed up on the curb a lil hard not horribly bad ( from the passenger side) and then after that I was hearing sum noises coming from under the front wheels and then that day the car stopped it pulled 2 the right(steering wheel)

Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: dj jerrylee

Ok wats the transfer case where is it located and all of the tires are the same just that 1 has a leak I'm gonna swap my tires from my dads 90 cuz they are all the same and in excellant condition cuz he has after market rims but when I was pushing the car I had it on not off and in neutral and it made a little bit of noise not loud it was like a rubbing noise. I think this is all in result of me hittin a curb n this crappy restaurant drive thru I backed up on the curb a lil hard not horribly bad ( from the passenger side) and then after that I was hearing sum noises coming from under the front wheels and then that day the car stopped it pulled 2 the right(steering wheel)
Deff. some info that should of been shared in the beginning. I am going to take a guess and say that is the cause of your problem. Suspension damage = to many possible broken parts. (tie rods, wheel bearing, axle, etc...etc) I think its time to bring it in for inspection.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

Lol yea I hope nothing huge no$$ for a mechanic 2 look @ it only $ for the parts some guy from craigslist has good prices so yea but prob axle I dunno as long as its not the transmission I'm happy meaning less work cuz if its ne of those other things that wouldn't be so hard and vag com wouldn't help me with this would it?

Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM

Vag com probably won't do much for you, if anything. It does sound like somethings broke. An inspection will take the guessing out of it. The part about it "wont move at all" still points to an axle problem.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

Alright yea like isaid its probably something under the passenger side cuz that's wat I remember hittin the curb on . Wat should I look for during an inspection and are the parts I possibly need compatible with a 1.8t

Old 12-08-2007, 02:52 PM

I just got back from Laurel Audi in Tinley Park (getting some parts and basically, giving them more of my hard earned cash). Anyway, they had an R8 roped off on the showroom floor. $150,000 bucks !!!!!Phew.... The guy was kinda cool and actually let me and my kid sit in it!!!!. A checked my Mega ball tickets, left, got home and replaced my outside mirror switch. Maybe one day....

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread