The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread

Mundelein IL, north from chicago

Old 06-19-2008, 04:33 PM

Hey everybody, im from MA and have been looking for a B6 A4 and not having the best luck on finding something i want to pull the trigger on. I found an 03 in Chicago that seems to be a killer deal. I was wondering if anyone lived by this dealer and would mind checking it out for me to see if its worth the flight over to buy.
If anyone is in the area and would like to help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
Email me at benbritto@yahoo.com if interested. Thanks
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...mp;cardist=868

Old 06-21-2008, 05:13 AM
1st Gear

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums. I'm from Rockford, IL (an hour west from chicago). I drive a 01.5 Audi S4 (bought it 2 weeks ago). Been a Honda guy so this is new to me.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
1st Gear

welcome Tony. BIG difference to an S4 coming from a honda huh?

Old 07-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi guys. I am in the Naperville/Aurora area but work in LaGrange. I would be willing to meet up or lend a hand with mods. I have a friend who recently sold his S4 and bought a new TSX. Everytime he sees my car or any other Audi on the road, he cries a little. The only down side toowning an Audi, you are never willing to settle for anythingelse again.

Josh

Old 08-02-2008, 04:28 PM
2nd Gear

any tt's in the normal/peoria area?
or anyone in general in that area?

Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
3rd Gear

Treffen is a week away

Old 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM

I am from the missouri threads, just letting the threads around missouri know im selling it .

Let me start off by saying this car is truly in great condition. I bought the car about 6 months ago from a dealer in Colorado for 14.5k. The car has had two owners I am the second, the previous owner really took care of this car and it shows big time. When I received the car it had 84k on it, I have since then put 6k on it. This car has original turbos which pull hard and sound healthy. The clutch was replaced before I bought it along with the timing belt service. The car has been very reliable for me with absolutely no problems for me minus the fact that the MAF blew out and was replaced within a day of chipping and the arm rest broke in the up position and can be easily fixed. Changed the oil every 3000 with Mobil 1. The interior of this car is a 9/10 with the exterior being a 8.6/10 with two LITTLE and I mean little dings on the drivers side above the wheel well. Absolutely no rust anywhere. The wheels are decently curbed, but not to bad. The gauge cluster is going, but still legible. I am looking to get around what I paid, so somewhere around 14.5k(negotiable). I cannot sell this car unless I get what I am looking for its in great condition and theres no reason for me to sell it other than I am looking to buy a higher mileage S4 with mods already present.

The car came stock.

-Mods-
MTM Chip
AWE Center Vent Boost Guage
Tints - 50% on windshield, 30% on driver/passenger side, 15% in back 3
Darintake
Hardwire for radar along A-pillar to rear view mirror (clean installation) as I am very very nitpicky about how this are done to this car.
CC

Preventative maintenance - 710Ns and Samco TBB, done before chipping.

Pictures

Link to thread. https://www.audiforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=109548

Last edited by Blackjak; 08-11-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 PM

Hey guys. (Former) Long-time eclipse owner here. I have owned both 3rd gen and 4th gen eclipses in the past 8 years or so. I have been as loyal to the DSM guys as they have been to me.

I just bought a B6 1.8T Audi A4 in Dolphin Grey and can't wait to go on this journey. I have had my eye on an A4 for quite some time now!

I'm from Naperville and am very interested in getting a chip put in/installed ASAP. So any information on where I can purchase one and where I can go to get it installed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:55 AM
3rd Gear

^ I went to GRD in Villa Park.

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Illinois audi thread