Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Indiana - Indy's Premier Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Default Indiana - Indy's Premier Motorsports

Anyone heard anything about Indy's Premier Motorsports? They're on the North Side on 96th street. http://www.indyspremier.com/
I've been talking to Terry there abouta GIAC flash. He seems to know his stuff. I was thinking about taking my car there to have the K04s put in when the stock turbos go out. Any posts of experiences, good or bad, are appreciated.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Default RE: Indiana - Indy's Premier Motorsports

Okay soI went in to talk to Terry. He took a whole hour out of his day just to talk with me about my car and it's options. He gave me a tour of his shop showing me some of the projects he's working on andeven took me for a ride in an A6 with a 2.7T, Chip, Exhaust, TIP and DVs to show what I might expect. He didn't get into it to hard but I was really impressed with the buttdyno results. He never said anything to throw up any warning flags. Terry really knows his stuff and his shop does EVERYTHING. If it's car related they do it. The prices are reasonable too. I'll be taking my car there for all the future work I can't do myself, starting with detailing, a GIAC flash and some DVs.

4353 W. 96th St.
Suite 400
Indianapolis, In 46268
(317) 334-1070
terry @ indyspremier dot com

Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 AM

Went back last week to get my brakes done and he noticed the CV issue on the drivers side. He got me in on short notice and had everything done the same day. Gotta love the super fast service!

I talked to him for a bit and he said he's working to drum up some interest for some events. He also said he wants to get an AWD Dyno for Indy. That would be sweet.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:00 PM

I have known Terry since his days in California, and Colorado.

Without a question he knows his stuff... maintenance is honestly beneath his skills. Dollar per HP he is the best man in the states.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Okay, had my first questionable experience at this shop last week.

Summary: I had a slightly stuck caliper that ate through my new pads and chewed up my rotor. The key indicator for me was that my mileage dropped by about 3 MPG the day I drove the S4 home. Everyone on AudiZine agreed it was his fault. http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187880

I tried to talk him into covering everything except the caliper but he wouldn't. He gave me a discount on Pads, Rotors and a Caliper but still charged me $180 for labor. Total was $485.

I'm kinda on the fence with this one. I know he shouldn't have to pay for my busted caliper but the fact that his guy didn't notice it after the change kinda gets to me. I appreciate how helpful he was and how he gave me his price on parts. I just wish I felt at ease with the resolution.

It's left me with a bad taste in my mouth about the place...but I don't think it will stop me from going there in the future. Partly because it's just about the only game in town and mainly because I honestly think they do quality work. Next time it's a simple brake job though...I'm doing it myself.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:51 AM

I bought a 2004 A8 last year and took it to Terry for the pre-purchase inspection and have been going to him ever since. He did my 55,000 mile inspection- one of the BIG ones- and did a great job. Saved me a bundle from going to Tom Wood Audi also. I like Terry and agree that he knows his stuff.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE; indyspremier

That place is a joke. His website says that he has factory trained mechanics.The last time I was there and talked to the "mechanics", they were a couple of kids fresh out of Lincoln Tech. I would certainly not trust my high end automobile to a couple of kids. As a matter of fact, I heard that he recruits his "mechanics" from the Lincoln Tech tours that he has come through his shop. That's sad !

Old 10-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Burzum
Okay, had my first questionable experience at this shop last week.
...but I don't think it will stop me from going there in the future. Partly because it's just about the only game in town and mainly because I honestly think they do quality work. Next time it's a simple brake job though...I'm doing it myself.
They are most definitely not the only game in town for Euro cars...

EpWerks
http://epwerks.com/index.php/servicespagelink.html

Euro MotorWorks
Indianapolis Auto Repair for Audi, BMW, Land Rover, Lexus, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo, Saab :: Euro Motorworks

Northwest Frame and Alignment
Northwest Frame & Alignment - Zionsville, IN, 46077 - Citysearch
Kevin and Aaron are awesome and do great work (not just frames.. lol)

I've been to all three of these shops for work and they all are top notch.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

Another good place to get euro cars worked on is Autobahn on 37 on the southside of Indy. The owner Peter really knows his stuff and the main mechanic Thomas drives an S4 and has done PLENTY of work on Audi's. Hes great and has helped me out and did a great job. A little pricey for work ($85/hr) but its great work and they really know Audi's