Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Columbus, OHIO

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Columbus, OHIO

I live in Bucyrus im about an hour away from Columbus, i actually just bought my 2001 audi A4 1.8t this week. Ill have it back from the Byers Audi dealership in a couple days cause i had the sludge issue problem 20 mins after i left an akron dealership i bought it at. Costin my 2800 bucks but oh well, i dont know of any place else so i had to drop the cash and get it fixed. But let me know if ya want me to show up for the pics, i didnt know if i had to live in columbus or just close to columbus. Let me know, thanks!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
2nd Gear

ah, yeah, bucyrus is up around my old stomping grounds in mansfield. how was the service at byers? i haven't heard much about them, most people i know go to MAG or auto assets. i bet it's tough to find a shop up there that can do some good work on audis.

we don't really have anything set for pics right now. today was a possibility, but i guess it kind of fell through.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:59 AM
1st Gear

I dont know about the service yet, i get my car back on tuesday, it sucked, ive only drove it for an hour commin back from akron last tuesday. Its been at Byers since then. Then ill finally be able to enjoy it. I cant wait to get it back.

Now on to the good stuff, i want to do the GTRS Eliminator turbo upgrade later on but is there any performance upgrades you suggest to do first and the cheapest. I heard chipping is the first thing i should do but i dont know which one i need that i wont have to change out when i get the new turbo. Btw I have a 2001 A4 1.8t Auto. Ill post a picture when i get it back from Byers. Thanks guys.

Old 11-06-2006, 08:59 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Philthykins

I dont know about the service yet, i get my car back on tuesday, it sucked, ive only drove it for an hour commin back from akron last tuesday. Its been at Byers since then. Then ill finally be able to enjoy it. I cant wait to get it back.

Now on to the good stuff, i want to do the GTRS Eliminator turbo upgrade later on but is there any performance upgrades you suggest to do first and the cheapest. I heard chipping is the first thing i should do but i dont know which one i need that i wont have to change out when i get the new turbo. Btw I have a 2001 A4 1.8t Auto. Ill post a picture when i get it back from Byers. Thanks guys.
I think K04 with pc16/j31 is the best option for you.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear

I think we will have local meeting + photo shoot on friday night. maybe around 11:00 pm @ easton or something.... if you're interestin' , let me know.

btw: it is not just for audis, it is a local group of people..

Old 11-09-2006, 07:24 AM
1st Gear

id show up but i work 2nd shift and get off at 11pm. Also, my door trim pieces are fallin off so i need to get new ones before i even think about gettin beauty shots.

Old 11-10-2006, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

man, i need new trim pieces too. such a pain in the ***! it looks awful when it comes off. plus, i still have hail damage that needs repaired.

i just got my new yokohoma tires on today, they look and feel really nice!

this is part of my maintenance that i've been neglecting too long. i still need brakes, timing belt and a couple minor repairs. in addition to wanting to chip and add a borla. it never ends.

anyways, here is the brake kit i'm interested in:

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...kes&IL=a4combo

what do you guys think? i'm not much of a do it yourselfer. do you think i could install on my own or would somebody be willing to help me out possibly? let me know. i'll probably be purchasing it in the next couple weeks.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:00 PM

Please add me to the Cols, O list.

Found you guys by accident on Google looking for service in Columbus.

2004 S4

If someone is still looking for wheels - this guy is working low overhead out of his house for years.

see http://www.jdwheels.com/ - Good luck!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:23 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: OH4s4

Please add me to the Cols, O list.

Found you guys by accident on Google looking for service in Columbus.

2004 S4

If someone is still looking for wheels - this guy is working low overhead out of his house for years.

see http://www.jdwheels.com/ - Good luck!
Welcome! I'm adding your name in the list. I think you are the only S4 in this list

Old 11-15-2006, 03:42 AM
1st Gear

im working on getting my a4 right now its in Ri. I live in toledo so ill drive down if i get it and take some pics with you guys! Ill bring my buddy with me and his a4 also.

Quick Reply: Columbus, OHIO