General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what do you think about the Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 05:15 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: what do you think about the Audi TT

There are always people who, regardless of what they drive, think that they own the road and drive faster than thier ability. Take a 'friend' of mine:

He gets his license and a Toyota Camry. He drives it insanely, trying to do handbrake drifts around every corner. One day, while getting off the freeway, he takes a 90 degree turn after the offramp going over 60mph. He spins out, hits the curb. He breaks his front axle and a rim. While the car is in the shop, he buys an MR2 ~8psi turbo and gets it installed. Now he thinks he's the big man on the block, trying to race everything from Corrollas to and AMG Benz. Within a week of getting his car out of the shop, his friend talked him into going mountain driving like 'Initial D.' They get up there and cruise around a bit until my 'friend' decides he wants drift around the mountain roads he's never driven before. On the left is a long fall down a steep hill into redwoods, and on the right, a wall of rocks. My other friend tries to talk him out of it, but he is determined. He starts going until he reaches the second curve in which he loses control of the car. Very lucky for him, they swerve into the wall of rocks are mess up the fender/bumper.

Two things can be learned from this:
1. Drifting is retarded
2. How you drive is also dependant on your level of maturity. While driving a TT may give you the oppurtunity, it doesn't mean he will drive it unsafely. When I drive my dad's 540i, even though I'm also 16, I don't drive it like an idiot. Sure, I could hot rod it around, but I have enough respect for the car, the road, and most of all, myself that I realize it isn't worth it to do that on the streets.

My 'friend' has the mental capacity of a toddler. This resulted in him almost killing himself and my good friend. While I don't mean to cheapen or disrespect your friend's death, alot of it comes down to maturity. He was most likely not mature enough to ride that bike.

I think that if you can keep your head and are mature enough, go ahead and get the TT. But don't end up like my 'friend.'

And for all our sakes, respect your TT... don't 'pimp' it with chrome and such.

Cameron

Old 01-28-2005, 12:41 AM
4th Gear

BFlan2001, A twin turbo 911 would smoke you, and a r1 off the line. You can launch cars faster then you can bikes unless the bike has a wheelie bar or a stretched rear end.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:15 PM
2nd Gear

i don't know where you heard that one..... the 911 twin turbo has a 0-60 of about 3.2-3.3 seconds, which is about as fast as you'll ever see in a car. my gixxer did it in 3.1, as do the newer r1s. cars just can't compete with bikes unless they're HEAVILY modded. this car is the only car i've ever seen that can beat a bike, let alone even keep up with one......crazy corvette motor in a 240z
this guy lives two minutes from me, he's insane, i recommend his videos if youre into motorsports, especially streetbikes.