General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

what do you think about the Audi TT

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:26 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: what do you think about the Audi TT

if thats the case get a mercedes or a volvoor something

Old 10-12-2004, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

if i get a volvo or mercedes why cant i jsut get an audi?

Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
4th Gear

When i first turned 16 i figured out very quickly speed limits. I saw lights in my rear veiw mirror in less then 2 mth.It taught me very fast about self-control and how fast people can die.But everyones differnt, if you have good self control it might not be a problem.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 PM

cuz volvo and benz make the safest cars in the world. plus they're player. the new volvos look sick!!

Old 11-01-2004, 02:15 AM
1st Gear

Wow, tough decision.

What Imola said holds pretty true with me.

It's a shame that same money couldn't be banked as a future house down payment and grow for a few years while you do.

Insurance will be hard.

Congratulations on being such a good student your parents have that kind of faith in you!

Old 11-01-2004, 03:42 PM
4th Gear

audi tt for ur first car? your insurance will be mad expensive. You need a volvo for your first car, i had a 91 volvo and im glad i had it for my first car, i have more repect for driving fast and doing stupid stuff. You'll know what im talking about the first week you got ur licences.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Ted
1st Gear

The tt is a great car, but please do not basterdize it with big crome rims or a bad vinly strip. Audi is a classy company. so upgrade with class. Boost hoses, chip, exhaust, rims. Not Dubs, nos, System. Good luck on you secrch. hope you get good one.

Old 12-01-2004, 03:59 PM
1st Gear

Everyone is gonna say the same thing "16 and he's getting a TT?!" I was in a similar situation but with a much rarer car. Fortunately I was put in that situation because my dad is car freak and allowed me and my brothers just about free reign in choosing any classic car we wanted (within reason). I managed to clip the right front fender and back into a rock that I was too low to see in the first couple years of ownership. Neither incident was a result of my driving ability, they were purely accidental, but the fact remains I still damaged my car.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't let anyone make you feel bad for driving whatever car you want, but also, don't ignore what they say. If you want it bad enough and you can do it, but for God's sake, take care of the car and be prepared to shoulder the burden yourself. You won't gain any respect for the car (or even driving for that matter) if daddy pays for all the repairs. Pay for it yourself and you will begin to realize that you can't screw up again and again. The more you screw up, the more careful you get.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

just a little note on insurance for you bro... i'm 17 and just got insured on my Dad's 02 Audi TT for the summer. Due to the fact that it has a TURBO insurance companies flip their lid and charge extra... its more expensive to get me insured on the TT than it is for his Porsche Boxster S.... just some food for thought.

Old 12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Insurance for a 16 year old in a TT will probably be more than the car payment. At 23, with no accidents and no tickets for years, the rate on my '05 A4 is still over $1000/6 mos. My 26 year old wife is less than half that, with an accident. It was much higher when I was 20 and unmarried, and higher still when I was 16. And this is with USAA, the rates of whom I've yet to see beat. So I'm wondering if your parents have considered that at all. 16 years old + 2 door coupe + fast engine + expensive repair = Assload of cash needed to insure. Get a single ticket or accident, and expect it to double. I'm not exagerating.

Get something with 4 doors without a turbo and you'll be much easier to insure.