General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A V E R Y BAD DAY . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 01:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: A V E R Y BAD DAY . . .

The rental, a Saturn LS, had a broken key hole on the driver's side that made me almost want to keep the window open at all times so that I can enter and exit the car "The Dukes of Hazards" style. The car also rattled and shook when I went over 65 miles per hour on the freeway. So I'm now in a Mazda Protege, and it's not all that bad for $30 a day. It's a station wagon, though. If any of your kids need a ride home from summer band camp, I'd be happy to pick them up for you!

Hopefully, I'll get my A4 back tomorrow...

Old 07-21-2004, 02:15 PM
1st Gear

good to hear all turned out well...

did you end up paying out of pocket?

Old 07-22-2004, 05:18 PM
1st Gear

The car was supposed to be ready for me to pick up by the end of the day today, when I last checked with the dealership a couple of days ago. After having a gut feeling that I was going to get screwed over once again, I called the dealership and the rep told me that the body shop is "still waiting on a couple of little parts and the car won't be ready until Monday, maybe Tuesday." WTF. That's a minimum of an extra $200 out of my own pocket for the rental car.

How should I go about recovering any added costs? I did think about using the uninsured/underinsured provision but apparently, that may ultimately raise my own insurance premium. And besides, I think I still have a very strong case to make a claim against the dealership. Do I deal with the service manager and ask for a refund of any extra costs that I incur?

I didn't think I'd ever be so frustrated to be working with a "luxury" German Automotive dealership.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:30 PM
3rd Gear

You're thoughts are on track. I'd consult with the Service Manager. I'd insist that the delay is costing you money and that they should have some way of compensating you for this - remember, they've been paid by now, so they don't care if your car has to sit on their service lot while they wait for "parts".

I'd also check with your insurance company on whether the under/uninsured policy WILL raise your premium.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

You guys rock for helping me out.

I finally got the car back this past Monday. At this point, it looks like I am going to still have to deal with the rental car coverage, but since it's a matter of a few bucks, I'm not going to stress.

The car looks nice, and it drives great. Wow, after being in three different rentals over the past three weeks, it's great to be able to get back into my own 5-speed. I didn't realize how much I missed the car.

I'm about drop $250 for a rear lip spoiler, you know, the S4 type...I hope it's worth it. If any of you have opinions on those spoilers (good and bad), lemme know.

Thanks again, fellas.

-The Token Jap on Audiforums

Old 07-28-2004, 09:14 PM
3rd Gear

$250 sounds high. Which spoiler - the OE 2004 S4 spoiler? Painted?

Old 07-29-2004, 01:41 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

Or check out item #7913220553 on Ebay. Too much?

BTW, I may be gping down to Cherry Hill to check out the Cannonball S4. Apparently, it's going for $38,000.

Old 07-29-2004, 07:54 PM
3rd Gear

A bit high ($225.50 w/shpg), but not bad for the paint job that you get.

Cherry Hill's price is way too high, but check it out anyway if you're down that way.

Old 07-30-2004, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

Good lord!!......that's all I got.....

Old 07-31-2004, 11:09 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: norcaltrojan

Good lord!!......that's all I got.....
Huh???