General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

timing belt 2.7t

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 01:45 AM
Default RE: timing belt 2.7t

ORIGINAL: twinblowersonice

i'm not sure if this forum allows cursing, but HOLY SHIZZZLE!!!!!!! buck-thirty an hour!!!! its cheaper to drive to Brooklyn from Chicago... and back! - that's where I usually go for service :-)) what can I say, I'm a sucker for a good russian mechanic who 'don't speak no EANGLEESH', but can take a turbo engine apart with his bare hands :-)) well, the one I use actually has all the proper equipment, but last I checked, labor was something like 45-65 bucks an hour. The reason I started checking up on prices is b/c someone actually recommended this new guy to me, who is supposedly UNBELIEVABLE when it comes to Audis, so I wanna have the scoop on prices and the tech before I go "interview" him :-)))

ye me too, mine is very good. here in Brooklyn. its better to speak russian also.
he changed both my front shocks for 250 with schoks included, he even put sport gas shoks in for no extra charge.
any way, mine ones said also 400 buks for work and I have to get the parts to be sure they are genuaine. or something. but I desided to do it my self with my dad, and done in one day less that 6 hours of work.

If you wana a DIY follow ling in my signiture.
if the telephone of my mech, which is great with german cars and has a good pointer on other ones, PM me and I will give it.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:26 PM
4th Gear