General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Projector headlight adjusting problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Projector headlight adjusting problem

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and plan on posting often because there is a good amount of information on here. Anyway, my problem is with the projector headlights. I can adjust them up and down, left and right but the beam just isn't right. Both left and right light look like this ___/ ___/ on the left its a flat line as it should be and in the middle of the beam it takes a sharp turn upward. Does anyone know why? I adjusted them up, down, left and right and couldn't correct the beam pattern. I am very mechanically inclined and can do just about any project so if there are extensive instructions on how to correct this i'm up for it. Thanks for the help! I don't have any pictures of this but if its needed to help everyone understand whats going on i'll be happy to take some pics and post.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:59 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Projector headlight adjusting problem

Are the bulbs mounted properly?
Are they HIDs?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:24 AM
1st Gear

The bulbs are mounted correctly. Theres only one way they can go in because of the way they are strapped in and the dimples on the where the housing accepts the bulb. No, they are not hids

Old 07-27-2007, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the help but i have solved the problem. If anyone else comes across this problem here is the solution because i've seen this problem in another post somewhere else. The designer of these lights actually designed the lights to have a beam pattern like this \__ __/ not like this __/ __/ I took the lights apart and found out that inside of the lens there is a piece that cuts off the top part of the beam. They were both shaped like this __/ All i did was take the piece in the left light and flip it around so now its like this \__ and my problem is solved. Not sure why they are designed like this but they are and thats the solution. If anyone needs help doing this fix just let me know and i'll be happy to walk you through it.