General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:27 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need Help !!!

okay im going to try it very soon, but i want to make sure i have the radio code, if i cant find it how can i get it, also when you say reprogram the windows what do u mean, just put each window one time touch up and then downindividually??

Old 01-20-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

ok so i left the battery unhooked overnight, and when i hooked it back up im pretty sure i heard it align, although the radio did not need to reset. the problem still exists. is it possible that when i jump started my car after the battey died that i did something to my mass air flow system (what a wierd mechanic said)

Old 12-31-2007, 09:52 AM
1st Gear

Commonly it's thought there's a fault with the throttle body when fault code 17953 and others related to low voltage come up. In reality frequently it's a battery problem, in cold weather particularly. When voltage stored goes to below 12 volts in the cold or when cranking in extreme cold this will occur, the throttle body loses it's memory when under 12 volts and loses it's base zero setting. Also many assume all batteries are sealed, many of the so called sealed batteries can be topped up underneath the sticker covering the refill accesses, if levels are low this will give low voltage also.

Battery only needs to be disconnected a couple of minutes at most to clear adaptation memory in the ECU.