General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

my alarm, back windows, oil change?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
1st Gear
Default my alarm, back windows, oil change?

hello, i am going crazy with my alarm it has a mind of its own and I want to disarm it. A freind told me of this site and it is great!! I just bought my Audi and love it but i know nothing about it. so i need help!!! Mine is a 1990 Audi quatro V8. anyone can help be that would be great.
my e-mail is mystkchmz@hotmail. I am registered here just trying to figure it all out.. thanks

Old 04-10-2006, 01:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: my alarm, back windows, oil change?

how about some information

Old 04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

hello , ok when i go to get in the alarm goes off when i turn the car off and get out it alarms itself in seconds and if someone i the passenger side gets out the alarm goes off. open the trunk the alarm goes off. always have to turn the key and open the door . see i have kids so always getting in and out. it is driving me crazy i just want the dang thing to stop and go away actually... can you help? misty

Old 04-11-2006, 04:07 AM
Senior Administrator

Hi Misty. Welcome to the forums. Have you considered getting rid of the kids? Maybe eBay 'em, or sunthin? [sm=joke.gif]Just kidding...

Do you know if it's the "factory" alarm, or an aftermarket unit?

I'm not too familiar with your model, but, is teh alarm de/activated by the keyfob? If so, how old are the batteries? Maybe your car is trying to tell you it needs fresh ones...

Alternatively, have you tried an exorcist?[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 04-11-2006, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Hello,
I just put a new batterie in it also a new alternator. yes the key disarms it but is arms itself as soon as you take the key out so if you dont get out of the car within 39 seconds the alarm goes off you ahve to put the key in the lock only the drivers door to disarm it I hate it drives me crazy.. not sure if factory or not??? would love to e-bay the kids they say I can... any suggestion's???

Old 04-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Senior Administrator

Misty, You may have to take to to an aftermarket installer and ask them to trouble-shoot it 4 ya... Doesn't look like NEbody has anything constructive to add (unlike MY suggestions) BTW, how'd that Exorcist I sent over work out? With teh Car AND teh kids?[8D]

Old 04-14-2006, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

Hello,
i called a shop and they said that maybe since my passenger door does not work with a key then that may be the problem.. what do ya think? kids yes but my grandson can stay he is 6 weeks old...lol.....

Old 04-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: misty

Hello,
i called a shop and they said that maybe since my passenger door does not work with a key then that may be the problem.. what do ya think? kids yes but my grandson can stay he is 6 weeks old...lol.....
I'd say THAT's teh BEST place to start looking for a shorted-circuit...

Old 04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

hello,
yes I was thinking so and then going to take the back windows switch out and see why the windows wont roll down in the back seat. by the way I am a young grandma..lol.. but yet I hear a clicking sound coming from the back when I drive? breaks possibly?

Old 04-15-2006, 02:08 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: misty

hello,
yes I was thinking so and then going to take the back windows switch out and see why the windows wont roll down in the back seat. by the way I am a young grandma..lol.. but yet I hear a clicking sound coming from the back when I drive? breaks possibly?
A young GrandMa?!?!?! Who troubleshoots her OWN niggling problems... I'm suddenly HOT for you[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif] <---I used to look like that, BTW, back in the 70's<<<

Is the clicking speed dependant? Prevelant ONLY when you brake? During turns? If so, is teh sound consistent WITH teh turn, or against it? You... Ummm... dint accidentally lock one of your kids IN teh trunk, didja?