General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner - Where could I spray it into the engine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 01:35 AM
1st Gear
Default Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner - Where could I spray it into the engine?

Is there a hose or something I could use to spray some combustion chamber cleaner into the engine or should I go through the work of taking off the whole intake?

SMo'

Old 12-06-2006, 01:11 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner - Where could I spray it into the engine?

Usually the liquid carbon cleaners are hooked up to the fuel system via a special delivery system and sprayed in thru the injectors. You can try introducing it thru a vacuum line but the danger of hydrolocking the engine is a real posibility.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:25 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner - Where could I spray it into the engine?

Try THIS PRODUCT, I hear it;s GREAT!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 06:09 AM
1st Gear

dankhound where is a vacume line that is easily accessable? Larger the better. I have used this product several times on several vehicles. I have always sprayed it directly into the throttle body but a vacume line going to the intake will work perfectly fine as well (as long as it is close to the throttle body to ensure that it gets to all six cylinders). Hydrolocking is not a problem with the Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner, when the car starts to bog down you let off a bit.

There is a version of the combustion chamber cleaner that you put into the fuel tank, but I would not imagine it works as well. One way to do it is to remove all the spark plugs and spray a good amount down the tubes (with the engine warm) and let it sit for several hours. Then fire up the engine with the plugs still out so it shoots the liquit out of the spark plug tubes. This is not a clean or easy method by any means and I have never practiced this method.

If you could supply a picture of a vacume tube that would work I would greatly appreciate it!

SMo'

Old 12-06-2006, 06:09 AM
1st Gear

AWDaholic - I have never heard of that product. I have always used Mopar combustion chamber cleaner but I have heard many, many good things about Seafoam.

SMo'

Old 12-06-2006, 01:34 PM

i never use that stuff and dont think i would, go to a dealership and they sell a factory approved cleaner that goes into the gas tank. it comes in a 2 piece kit that has fuel treatment and oil treatment, your supposed to do this every 3 or 4 oil changes.

Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Senior Administrator

Smo, the link I gave was to a parody website... HOPEFULLY nobody thinks that's a REAL product and tries to use it, or something similiar. As far as I kno the website does NOT allow anybody to actually order any of their products, but I'd LOVE to get my hands on a couple of quarts of their blinker-fluid. Mine don't go as FAST as I;d like. Anbody know of any NoS kits for blinkers?

Old 12-06-2006, 04:13 PM
1st Gear

rayveedub - There anywhere I could get some online? The nearest dealer is just shy of a two hour drive.

AWDaholic - Hahaha, yea' once I started reading it and it said it had little pieces of copper I was really hopeing it was fake... Especially the customer review...

SMo'

Old 12-06-2006, 06:18 PM

not sure about getting it online, call this dealer at 4105816748 ask for paul. tell him you want to order some and you can paypal him the money. he can ship it out to you.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:14 AM
1st Gear

Is the stuff from the dealer the same as the fuel and oil addative on this site?
ecs tuning

SMo'

Quick Reply: Mopar Combustion Chamber Cleaner - Where could I spray it into the engine?