General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How much can quattro take???

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: How much can quattro take???

ORIGINAL: slocal94

hahah.... sure will guys. Im now debating between an A4 or just saving for alittle bit and getting an S4. SO MANY DECISIONS!
Save for the S4! Getting monster HP from the S4 is easer, and can be cheaper. Not to mention it's fast out of the box.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:43 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: luvin_the_rings

they only thing you might want to be careful about, and it isnt really part of the quattro really, but second gear tends to go out, especially in those 600+ hp drag s4's...

if you cryo treat the second gear, it solves this problem...

second gear really only goes with strict drag s4's tho, ive only seen a4's up to around 350hp on stock inturnals, your not gonna break quattro on 350hp...

granted, if you do the inturnals in the 1.8t engine your potential skyrockets, if you have the time and money to upgrade the inturnals in your engine, you should drop the coin on rebuilding your tranny as well...

you will not be dissapionted with audi... if your looking for an m5 killer, your best bet is a s4, however the 1.8t's can be a blas with a big turbo, or even a ko4.

good luck man, keep askin questions and you will find answers...
thats true about the second gear, mine is either going or just being a turd, in the mornings it grinds if i shift too fast so i end up duoble shift or gear matching to make it work.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

hey guys another quick question. Ive been doing alot of research on new turbos. I still havent found what the best turbo is yet. By best I mean most power for a stock internal 1.8t. I think so far the best I found was the garrett ones but im not sure. I know there is the k04 but I think I would get bored fast just cause its not THAT big of a gain. What you guys think. I have about 4 grand to put into it but I would like to buy everything used to make it cheaper. I have done my research and I know I need FMIC, bigger injectors, free flowing exhaust, ect. Thanks guys.