General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help My A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 03:48 AM
Default Help My A4

I just bought a beautiful 1996 A4 2.8 with 87,000 on it I love the Car. The only problem is it has no cd player in it. I like the stock look and don't want to put in an after market stereo. Everthing I have looked up about the car has me confused I can't tell if my Delta raido is one of those ones you just by a cd changer and (plug in) or do I have to buy a radio from a 98 A4 and put that in and a cd changer. Could anyone PLEASE help me and my car, and let me know what I can do If there is anything I can do

Thanks
p.smooth

Old 03-09-2005, 11:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Help My A4

a lot of cars came with factory cd changers in the trunk. see if you have a wire for it. if so just buy a changer that fits the pin conection. you can find good ones on ebay and on the for sale lists on forums. if no wire you could have a custum radio place install one for you.

i have a delta H.U.and a factory 6 disk in the trunk. i have a 97 and the 96 have the same setup

Old 03-09-2005, 07:19 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: Help My A4

ORIGINAL: psmooth

I just bought a beautiful 1996 A4 2.8 with 87,000 on it I love the Car. The only problem is it has no cd player in it. I like the stock look and don't want to put in an after market stereo. Everthing I have looked up about the car has me confused I can't tell if my Delta raido is one of those ones you just by a cd changer and (plug in) or do I have to buy a radio from a 98 A4 and put that in and a cd changer. Could anyone PLEASE help me and my car, and let me know what I can do If there is anything I can do

Thanks
p.smooth
Hi psmooth. All A4's came prewired for CD changers. You are going to need to find an 8 pin Alpine changer from ebay. There are no other changers that will work. You can tell if it is the right 8 pin changer on ebay because it will have White audi rings on the top of it.

Now, your changer plug is on the drivers side wheel well. It is behind the carpet panel and wrapped in a chunk of foam. It may be zip tied to another bundle of wires.