General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dealer Logos

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Dealer Logos

Seeing as this could apply to anyone with a car, this will go under general tech.

I already understand the concept and process behind a normal debadging of the emblems ex. A4, A6, S4 and such raised emblems. Though a thought occured to me whilst looking at the back of my A4. I have this infernal dealer logo on the backend, almost has a sandpaper/gritty texture to it. Not sure if the normal process would work. Any Ideas?

BTW, please disregard the dirtyness of my car, I cleaned off the area around the noted logo so it was easier to see. Nebraska Sucks for dust and dirt, not having a garage certainly doesn't help the situation either.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13395/23674FC07FAB46CC80249FEE31294B5E.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13395/14D5D5135337414D9FAEF5B5EA6F7778.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Dealer Logos

wow your car is really dirty

is it a sticker or is it painted on?

Old 01-01-2006, 01:14 AM
1st Gear

lol, yeah it was, I just washed it today. If I have time this weekend I'll probably do a good wash and wax detail on it.

I don't think that it is painted on due to the fact that it feels raised off from the car slightly, could be thick as hell but I doubt it. Will check it out soon to inspect closer.

Old 01-01-2006, 01:26 AM
Administrator

stuff like that really just pisses me off.. i will refuse to bye a car unless that is taken off of their.. and if they wont do it.. i will take my business else where

Old 01-01-2006, 02:05 AM
1st Gear

Double checked and it is indeed a sticker, picked at it a bit with my fingernail but i didn't want to try and take it off like that... I'll try the normal emblem debadging process and let you know how it turns out.

You think that sticker is bad you should have seen the gay *** yellow dealer plates they had on it, Those were removed promptly after signing the papers

Old 01-02-2006, 03:51 AM
4th Gear

I'd take it back to the dealler and tell them to take that crap off my car. just me thou.

Old 01-02-2006, 05:17 AM

Man, I tell you what, I really had a bad taste in my mouth until I FINALLY found an honest one who is doing some major engine work and other high-ticket items that are covered under my warranty. I'm still a little leary of dealerships. I'd rather take my chances by paying an individual less and putting $$ into repairs that going with a dealer buy.

And yeah, I don't get it, they plaster the car with dealer stickers AND add their license plate frame. I guess I see enough people keep it on there, just because that they gain a lot of advertisement from it.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
3rd Gear

Dealer badges are relatively EZ easy to remove. The sooner you do it the better. Warm days also help. If not warm use a hair dryer to heat things up a bit - but not too much. Just use your fingernail to lift a corner and pull-a-way. When it tears - use you fingernail to scrape another edge etc. If you don't like to use your nail try a credit card or other piece of strong plastic - don't use metal. If there is any adhesive left use WD-40 and a soft cloth.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

Will try it this weekend, shouldn't be too bad. before and after pics will follow.

Unfortunatly just had one of the bottom door moldings fall off ><. Infernal hell

Old 01-03-2006, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Drunken Badger

Unfortunatly just had one of the bottom door moldings fall off ><. Infernal hell

A classic Audi problem[:@]

Quick Reply: Dealer Logos