General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi - quality cars?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 02:11 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Audi - quality cars?

Audigirlie, thanks for that little exert. It was nice, very nice.

Old 09-07-2004, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

I wish duncan would come back and see us again.
I can't believe this thread is still running strong!! Ha ha

But I'm with audiboy, I think it would be nice to hear a l'il sump'in from Duncan again.[&:]

Old 09-14-2004, 12:19 PM
1st Gear

Hello all - glad I've provided so much fun over the last few months. As originally explained, I really didn't want to get involved - after all I have a life to be getting on with.

Anyway I'm off now - I've achieved what I set out to. You may wish to see my update:

http://www.auditt.org.uk

Have fun talking about your cars - but don't forget, no matter how much you like them (and I do), they are just cars.

Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM
3rd Gear

Glad to hear that you got satisfaction finally, but...

I guess I don't "get it" otherwise...

You whined on and on about many unrelated issues - that were more your fault than anything remotely to do with the quality of Audi. I sympathize with your mechanical troubles and am sure your gripes (and frustrations) were legitimate. What I had a problem with was how you spent an inordinate amount of time and space on irrelevant (but arguably bad luck) issues. You slipping while loading furniture and dinging the car, opening a door onto a pipe that is sticking out of the ground, and then getting rear-ended by a white van is NOT Audi's fault. That's your own bad luck. Then you go on and on about a punch list of items that were not repaired properly. These items continued to haunt you. Well... everyone knows that once a car has been damaged in a road accident, it never seems to be like new again - it's just a fact of life. You wouldn't accept that. What surprised me the most was your statement: "It’s a conspiracy – you cannot use a competent dealer because there isn’t one. The guy down the road is courteous and great with cars but he’s not authorised so I can’t use him." SO WHAT??!!! At the rate you were going, you would have done better getting the work done by "the guy down the road" and paying out of pocket. But it would seem you wanted to milk Audi for an-all-expense-paid repair bill. Sometimes you really do get what you paid for!!

On a final note: I do wonder if your actions (tone of voice and demeanor) during your ordeal might have been part of the interpersonal problems you faced when you dealt with any of the Audi representatives. I bring this up because most people who go to the trouble of devoting a website to their tale and then posting the link all over the net are often bitter and angry writers who have a vendetta complex. This kind of behavior might have been pre-empted by your approach to Audi. I don't know this for fact, but often, the behavior within a written report reflects the physical/verbal behavior exhibited in person or over the phone. You may very well have been frustrated and angry which may have caused you to be belligerent and overtly rude - this may have created anonymity between you and any Audi rep with whom you spoke. It would be interesting to hear their side of the story. In short, it would seem as though you were angry and out to smear the name of Audi, but this is just my opinion. Remember: Hostility begets contempt and further frustration, while civility begets respect and resolution.

I want to empahsize that I am glad for you that you finally got satisfaction from Audi. Now maybe you'll relax and take down the web site!

That's my final word. Good luck with all your endeavors.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: duncan

..... You may wish to see my update:

http://www.auditt.org.uk

..... or NOT.

Old 09-24-2004, 03:46 PM
1st Gear

ah ah ah look at this.....

I'm sorry, but as one a member of the United States Air Force (notice United States AF, not the Colonial Air Patrol), I think you (trevor) need to take a long walk off a short pier with a rope around your neck.

I have been to many countries, including England, and have never encountered anyone as petty as you. You don't even have enough decency to be polite while visiting someone elses forum.

You actually get to fly things with THAT brain?!

What's all this about being polite in another persons forum. This coming from a country that can't even manage the common decency to stay the **** out of someone elses sovereign state.

Jesus christ. There's you kissing the **** of war criminals and old imola standing in the corner watching shiny things or bouncing his ball. Phew I'm soooo glad you lot are so well stocked up on nukes.....makes me feel a whole lot better that does...still as long as you're polite.

I've never seen so many fat people. Half the continent has an **** with it's own zip code.

I tell you what my Atlantic crossing friend, I'll wash my **** before you kiss it....how's that for polite?

Old 09-24-2004, 08:40 PM
4th Gear

hehe... you are a funny one, I tell what my funny friend, Ill wash my **** before you suck it.

Old 09-24-2004, 09:25 PM
3rd Gear

OK boys.... I guess I'm gonna have to lock this thread. It's reached an all time low.

No need giving this halfwit any more of our time.