General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

apr and a/f ratios...no newbies please

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: apr and a/f ratios...no newbies please

cool i'll look into it thanks for the info.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Agreed on all of this - the curve looks nice and smooth, and the A/F ratios don't look abnormal - I think what has happened is you're simply hitting the ceiling of what the K03 can do. It's tiny and it won't take all that much to max it out.

What I've been curious about with these OEM turbos is, does anyone have a compressor map for one? I'm curious about when it goes into surge and what boost ranges are most effective. I see on here there are plenty of people running them upwards of 18psi, and with a turbo that small I have to wonder whether you're getting more bark than bite at those boost levels.

In any event, boostedB6, AudiTech79 is right - it's time for a bigger turbo. Get that, whether it's something like a GT28RS or something even bigger, and your car is going to come alive in a big way. You have almost all the supporting mods for something like that (I only think you'd do well to add bigger injectors with the appropriate reflash, and you may want to read your OEM clutch its last rites as well). Throw a significantly larger turbo in there and hang on tight.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

i think i'm gonna order the gtrs, with the 3" inlet pipe from atp. some 550cc injectors and a new computer program and leave it at that. hopefully i'll get what i'm lookin for outta this thing. I got a 90 eagle talon tsi awd with 3" turbo back exhaust, test pipe,550cc, safc, 2g maf, 2ginjen intake, K&N, msd, on a stock turbo and intercooler @ 18 psi all for about $2000. that includes the price of the car and it smokes my audi. I got about $25k into the audi with the car. that's just dissapointing, but i love the audi. It's by far my favorite car to date and i've had everything from chevy v8's fully builtto honda civics on nos, but nothing compares to the luxuryof the audi i just need MORE POWER.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Site Moderator

Well if you don't mind getting in trouble with emmissions in your state go with the full frame GTRS instead of the eliminator, you'll get a ton more power and a much better power and torque curve on the dyno. Eliminator turbos tend to crack the stock manifolds anyway. You can get a GT28RS turbo kit for about $2,500 shipped, then you just need a good tune: REVO, APR, MTM, GIAC ect. Stay away from the MIKA tuning kit that ATP sells, it just plain sucks.
Another tip im gonna give you is do not change the size of the MAF sensor un-less the programmer tells you to, most tunes requires different size injectors though.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:21 PM
1st Gear

emmisions is not a problem here.I have never had to do emmisions and I never will. I register all my cars in Northern Wisconsin by myDad. There's nothing but trees up there sothey don't have anyemmisions problems.I only care about the best performancefor the car. i'll look into some other options then before i make a decision. thanks for the info.