General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2022 Audi MMI Noises

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 11:43 AM
1st Gear
Default 2022 Audi MMI Noises

I just got a 2022 Audi Q3 (45 premium plus s line) and noticed right after picking it up that there is a ticking/popping noise coming from all of the front speakers. It sounds like some sort of static or interference that happens no matter the audio source. Brought it to the dealer and they said they would try and diagnose it. I was given a call back saying they replicated it in all their Q3s on the lot and that Audi of America was aware and working on a fix. I know this same issue was prevalent on 2021 models. When I picked up the car the dealers story changed to “it’s normal” and it’s a part of all their vehicles. I’m not convinced they are actually going to address this issue and I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck contacting audi of America to get out of the vehicle. To lease a brand new vehicle and pay extra for a “premium sound system” that has constant background noise seems ridiculous that nothing can be done. It is certainly not a normal feature of the car and they are trying to blow it off as normal rather than addressing the issue. The 2022 A5 loaner also has the same issue so seems like a problem with the MMI system. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Old 11-07-2022, 07:53 AM
1st Gear

Hi, this is quite a common problem in many cars of this class, I don't know why and dealers often can't solve this problem, I can share with you my latest purchase with which I updated the music in my car.
I bought myself some top of the line JBL GTO629 door speakers.
We've all heard of JBL, even those who aren't particularly interested in sound systems. The manufacturer has become known not only for its high quality, but also for its strong image in the market. These JBL car best door speakers in the company's portfolio in terms of bass and sound quality. They are the usual size of 6.5 inches, but have larger cones than usual to move more air and create a deeper bass effect.

Last edited by jeksonpip; 11-13-2022 at 07:34 AM.