Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

What car polish should we buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 AM
1st Gear
Default What car polish should we buy?

When I go to the local auto store all I see is a crazy array of brands and types. What brand or type of polish/wax should we buy for our Audi's? What are you guys using?

In my case I'm looking for something that can be applied by hand and removed with my buffer.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

I personally prefer meguiars

Old 08-21-2009, 03:54 PM
1st Gear

I use Matrix Micro Coatings, it takes longer to apply but will last for years. I got 2-3 cars out of their $100 kit and think it's well worth it.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Banned

hi, donnt know much about this. But u guys are terrific. thanku

Old 10-13-2009, 04:40 PM
3rd Gear

Meguiars or Mothers with carnuba wax works real well. Apply lightly and buff out. If the car is black or a dark color, Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish puts down a nice wet shine without any white residue. My gut tells me it does not last as long as the others, but it's nice to not have white crap in the scratches, dings, or body creases. I use the first two on my A6 and my Crossfires, and bought the TW Ice for my kid's black A4.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

For best results, use a rubbing compound or scratch/swirl remover (preferably 3m) with an orbital buffer, then remove by hand. Afterward, use the orbital buffer again to apply a good wax to seal in the shine and to protect against UV rays. Then remove by hand again. Heat created by the buffer will help soften the paint a little, which helps polish, etc. to penetrate better. Covering up all creases and openings will help to keep white build-up from forming in hard to reach places.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:07 AM

Rad, I checked the site for that Micro Coating stuff, This is the most expensive one I saw for $90... that the one you got?

http://matrixmicrocoatings.usalocalm...pexd.asp?id=55

It says that one bottle will work for one car, did you really get 2 good coatings out of one bottle? If so my roommate and I are gonna split the price and use it on our 2 cars.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:04 PM
2nd Gear

I really like the Zaino line of products. I have been using them exclusively for about three years. They are only available on line.

Old 11-29-2009, 05:36 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Kevin
I really like the Zaino line of products. I have been using them exclusively for about three years. They are only available on line.
Ya know, lots of people swore by Zanio when I was in the Camaro club, but I never tried it. Now that I'm older and the owner of another black car, I am thinking about getting some. It's like Amisoil, good stuff, but pricey.

On that note, I have been sold on Mothers for awhile.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:58 PM

I use Pro's #1 polish. Its got a slight abrasive in it which will take off soft water spots or grime. It leaves a very wet finish. Apply with either a microfiber hand applicator or orbital polisher. Let it dry to a white paste, do not remove wax when it is still wet!

Then, remove by hand with a microfiber towel.
www.EubanksDetail.com

Quick Reply: What car polish should we buy?