Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:30 AM
SoCal Crew Member
Default RE: Ask a Professional Detailer...

Awsome thread, wish I had seen a bit sooner as I have been fighting an ongoing war with my GF's BMW's shitty paint. Spent 4 hours last weekend on just the meguirs step one deep cleaner. Every microfiber cloth or polishing pad i used would turn black, paint is starting to shine more though. and Jason I think for your tires most tire shines work pretty well at cleaning and keeping a wet look, The one with the plastic tire handle is the one i use most and it seems to work pretty well

Old 04-18-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: i3uddha

Hmmmm George

I think u just answered my ?'s w/ that 303 aerospace protectant...
use it on external trim (honeycomb grill / foglight housing etc) as well as the black
that surrounds the exterior of the windows - I think Ill be staying away from the dyes -
but will defnietly be picking up some of that 303 from u soon...

seems like great stuff - u can use it on the plastic engine covers too?
I think you'll be pleased with it, I certainly liked the new look it gave as well as protected the surface. It works excellent as an engine bay dressing, here it is on my S4 before I sold it with 55k miles.

Those rubber pieces at the ends of the bi-pipes were stained from something, I could never get those to clean up. Should have done the upgraded hose kit hehe.

ADubyaD - Thanks for the positive feedback. If you have any questions, let me know.

George

Old 04-18-2007, 11:56 AM
2nd Gear

George, Ive got a pesky stain on my Y pipe. Im not sure what it is, but it might be oil and some dust in it. Is it okay to try to use some rubbing alcohol or some engine degreaser on a paper towel?

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: votblindub

George, Ive got a pesky stain on my Y pipe. Im not sure what it is, but it might be oil and some dust in it. Is it okay to try to use some rubbing alcohol or some engine degreaser on a paper towel?
Yep, a degreaser and a towel (doesn't have to be microfiber) should work just fine. Paper towel may tear on you pretty easily but you can certainly give it a shot. Let me know how you make out.

George

Old 04-18-2007, 01:32 PM

the work is awesome for the right car $£000000000000000 but a silly concept for the average car but its a business so well done ( or your punters have been well done or deserve it) well done

Old 04-18-2007, 06:15 PM
1st Gear

George, I have a question on polishing the interior trim pieces around my geat shift... it really just looks dull and could use soemthign to shine it up... probably from people putting things on it and such for the last few years..

Kyle

Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: qttrcoupe
George, I have a question on polishing the interior trim pieces around my geat shift... it really just looks dull and could use soemthign to shine it up... probably from people putting things on it and such for the last few years..
Kyle
Kyle - is there any chance you could take a picture or dig up a picture of the piece you are referring to? I want to make sure I recommend the proper products / procedures for the specific area you are referring to. Sometimes people have different trim pieces, I remember the S4 had the wood option, carbon fiber option and another one if I'm not mistaken, not to mention aftermarket trim pieces.

George

Old 04-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

wow - clean engine bay = [sm=hail.gif]

Thanks again for the advise George!

Old 04-19-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

George
Here it is... the camera on my phone was set to B&W but if you need color I'll go back out and get one, It is the pieces that looks like wood... but I believe is actually plastic... (judging by another scratch somewhere else on it) it is just dull and needs polished somehow to restore that gloss to it like most fo the other pieces that are on the doos and dash are like.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

George, Thanks so much for recomending those products! I recieved them yesterday morning and great packing by the way!

I washed my car with the Poorboy's super suds and my new sheepskin wash mit and let me tell you! This stuff is awesome just the wash made my car shine alot and the waffle weave drying cloth is amazing, i never had to once ring it out!

I will be waxing and all that good stuff this weekend! I cant wait, so far i am soo pleased with this stuff! Oh yea, the Poorboy tire shine is awesome too!

Best 210.00 i spent on my car yet!

Thanks!

Dennis

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...