Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:20 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ask a Professional Detailer...

George, what do you reccomend for a few light circular scratches on my windshield (outside)?

BTW, great thread, thanks for helping everyone keep their Audi's looking great!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

My daughters car has spots on the roof and hood that look like it might be from something that had dripped on it and wasnt taken off. Got it used so not sure what. To touch it feels like the clear coat is gone. Looks like water spots put cant seem to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

George- looks like this forum keeps you busy!
I apologize if this has already been asked/answered, but what the heck is the interior trim material on my car? I'm talking primarily about the liner material along the door panels (the car's a 2007 A6). It kindalooks like leather but I assumed it was more of a vinyl and treated it with Vinylex. It came out looking better than it did, but didn't have that "patina" which I usually get after treating vinyl (generally a soft glow, as opposed to the high gloss finish you would get from the "greasy kid's stuff").
And for what it's worth, I'm also treating the leather seats, using Harley-Davidson leather cleaner and leather conditioner, and I'm not seeing much of a patina on the seats either. Am I doing something wrong?
Any advice youcould offer would certainly be appreciated.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:20 PM
1st Gear

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys an update on why I haven't been posting or answering questions. We are no longer a sponsor of AudiForums and did not want to post when we have decided not to renew our sponsorship. Unfortunately for us, detailing products do not have very high margins and it takes a lot of sales to make sponsoring a forum worth while. If anyone has any questions on anything detailing related, please do not hesitate to contact us at Detailed Image. We appreciate all of the support you guys have given us this year.

George

Old 02-22-2008, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

George,

I recently purchased an '06 A4 Avant that has some discoloration on the aluminum roof rails. Looks like the previous owner had crossbars installed and the rails oxidized everywhere but where the crossbar footings were attached. Can you recommend a product that will remove the oxidation and restore more uniform finish to the aluminum? i'm not sure if the roof rails are coated or not.

Thanks in advance,

Kirk
Santa Cruz, CA

Old 02-25-2008, 10:15 PM
1st Gear

Meguiar's metal polish works great. I was getting some light water stains on mine and the metal polish did a spectacular job (A4 Avant with silver rails).
AFAIK they're not clear coated and you should be able to use any metal polish on them. The metal polish works great on the chrome window trim as well.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:03 AM
1st Gear

i want to maintain my leather seats but first off i need to know how to find out if they even are.... i own a '02 a4 3.0 quattro. help please, thanks

Old 03-31-2008, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Hi

Ijust pickedup a 05 convertible, the entire car is the Alpaca color including the top.

I would say that the car is in pristine condition, even the top and l want to keep the top that way. I checked your site and there were too many choices to choose from.

What l need is a cleaner and some kind of chemical to protect the top from bird droppings. and etc. Also the proper way to apply both. I have owned boats so l'm familiar with what is needed but of course this is not a boat.

Thanks

Alan

Old 04-10-2008, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

[align=left]what the deal is
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 AM
2nd Gear

i have falken kolebz wheel that are black with a chrome lip and i would like to poilsh them but am unsure how or what to use what do you suggest???

link to the wheels > http://www.wheelsnext.com/wheels-tir...k%20Gloss.html

Quick Reply: Ask a Professional Detailer...