Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?

i know this is a way old set of posts, but my sales guy was the best person ive dealt with, found out now hes moved to porsche, but was still keeping his audi, he was at livermore audi in the bay area, Adam levine. but to my point, its definitely the service i really hate, last time they kept my car for a week, couldnt find the passenger side leak, replace 4 plastic body screws and an o2 sensor, and totally keep ignoring the very audible blow off noise, im sending it in again this week with the message dont give it me back till you have fixed what ever air leak i have, i dont need another o2 replacement as it never fixes the issue!!!! its as if they dont want to spend any warranty money on my car, but ive paid more than enough to deserve my damn warranty work!!!!!

Old 12-13-2005, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

Here is my 2 cents:
First, let the Audi sell itself. It isn't a Kia or some crappy korean car... it's an Audi. The sales persons job at an Audi dealership requires a much different approach than at any other dealer. Greet the client. Give them keys. Respond when they ask a question. And leave them alone to enjoy the experience.

And I was told that Audi Salesman are trained exclusively upon this technique. (and it works... trust me... i plan on buying many more Audi's b/c of how impressed I am w/ mine and my buying experience)

Secondly, know your s***. If I were in the profession of selling Audi's, I would do EXACTLY what you are doing... and research them. It's what you do... so be the best at it! My salesman knew his stuff. I asked what kind of boost pressure the car came stock with... he knew it. I asked what the weak points were... he knew it. The horsepower and torque... he knew it. So by being on these forums, and reading the everyday plus's and minus's on Audi's already puts you ahead of the game.

Lastly, NEVER profile a client based upon what they drive or how they look. THE WORST MISTAKE hands down. I work in the banking business and I work with clients DAILY who carry net assets well over $1 million. Do they come in driving Ferrari's and full suits. No way. They look just like your avg. people. The people you least expect are the people who are exactly what you want to do business with.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:03 AM

Here is what I would like. No pricing games. Last car I bought, twenty minutes. Dealer laid out the price in first five minutes, no nonsense. With that out of the way, I could concentrate on the importaant stuff. Took me an hour to decide on the color.

If you are still around, tell me this. What should I expect for a discount off MSRP. So Far, Audi has lost one deal in the family to a Mercedes. $37k plus net at 32, great car. They are on the verge of losing another. I consider thirteen to fifteen hundred off a 38-40k MSRP to be an insult. What say you or anybody else?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:08 AM
3rd Gear

I think we lost our friendly sales woman. She must be back to bending people over. LOL.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

I just purchased my car from a Dealership in Colorado Springs. Let me give you the run down. I showed up in a new Saturn VUE, and roamed around the lot for about 20 minutes, with no one coming out and pressuring me. I like that, all of the car's were unlocked, and I got to sit in every car, play with all of the little gizmo's, etc etc. I had already done my research on the A4 and A6 line's, and was ready to ask some questions when I walked in the glass doors. I was approached by a younger looking salesman, who welcomed me to the dealership, and asked how he could help me. I told him I had a few questions, but really wanted to test drive a 2002 A6 he had on the lot. He told me that they were "really busy" that day, and that he couldn't help me out. I looked around the dealership, and all of the sales people were standing around doing a whole lot of nothing. He gave me his card, and told me to come back and try again the next day.

When I walked out of the dealership, I walked over to a new A8 W12 they had on the lot, and placed his card in the tailpipe. He saw me, but didn't come outside. I came back the next day, like he mentioned, but requested not to talk to him, and instead talk with the Sales Manager. He was more than happy to talk to me, and hooked me up with a sales rep who WANTED to help me, and ended up selling me the A4 I drive today. Looks like the @sshole who was too busy to give me a test drive won't be collecting on that comission.

Old 02-05-2006, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear

Here is my dealer complaint list:

When I bought my Audi, the young woman of Dick Walter Audi/ VW/ Subaru (if you're around it, you know what it is, and if you work there read this twice) was absolutely sure that I did not want an Audi because I needed a subaru. I told her I did not and I had driven one and she should show me a sporty, spacious, vehicle. She refused to show me SUVs, Wagons, anything. So I told her I would look around myself.

I found my A6 wagon, and wanted it. So I asked her for info on it. She took me over to the Subaru wagons.

I led her back to the Audi wagon and we talked about it a little then I told her I was still in the looking stage and left.

Then I came back a few weeks later, after looking at a silver A6 Avant at the GM dealer. And was very internet knowledgable about the car at that point.

Talked to the woman at the dealership and she still had the car I liked, but wanted to show me a 2000 A4 she had just gotten. I was disappointed.

Then told her I wanted the pearl A6 Avant and she says "oh I didn't even know you were looking at that one"

She did work out a reasonable price with me (considering the car was priced 2000 over high bluebook). But then she told me my F150 pickup was worth like 200 dollars on trade in... I sold the truck myself for 4000 so 200 for trade in seems a lot off to me.

My biggest concern is that dealerships get lied to so much by everyone else that when an honest car buyer comes in the dealer is so burnt out and just stereotypes us. But I told her exactly what I was and was not looking at so I think she could have done a better job if she would have not been so tired of everyone else. It is just like every other job. I get lied to at work all the time. But I still trust every client until they lie to me. I guess I have to since I deal with slightly more expensive projects than used Audis.

Old 02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

The only complaint I have is when salespeople try to talk over you, and don't let you get a word out. When I got my 2000, there was one guy who we were dealing with, and he was a nice guy, but another salesman came in and told us the sticker price was wrong. He was very pushy, and when I or my parents tried to talk, he'd interrupt. Eventually I flat out told him, "if you want this car sold, I'd leave the room and let us talk to him [the first salesman]." And he did.

Also, if you need some alone time to think, just ask the salesman, "may I have a moment?" They will always leave.

Old 03-24-2006, 03:26 PM
1st Gear

First of all thank you for taking the time to get to know what the Audi community is interested in. My response may mirror many of the others on here but I'm going to throw in my opinion anyway. I am a young guy in my 20's and yes I trade cars quite frequently and already know more about them than the salesperson, so I don't need to hear how big the trunk is. I can afford pretty much whatever I want (sub 90k or so). I really get tired of being judged by my looks as if I'm some poor frat boy just looking for a test drive in an S4. I worked hard putting myself through grad school and now I want to be rewarded with nice cars. I never understand why young people are neglected in lux car dealerships, while the old guys get all of the attention (no offense to our older readers but we want some love to). Look at it this way, how many more cars is the old guy going to purchase in his life, now how many am I going to purchase, probably 10x as many as him. Do you want to loose me as a customer? I have already left Acura & BMW; they treated me like crap. I am happy to own Audis and I do believe that they are the best cars on the road right now, but the competition is stiff- so if I am not treated like a valued customer I can take my business elsewhere. I also move around quite frequently as well for work so I have had experience getting service at 6 audi centers and have purchased from 3 of them. I can say that most of them have been satisfactory in their customer service but that is key. I understand that sometimes mistakes are made but you have to keep preaching how important our business is to you and explain that you are willing to go the extra mile to keep our business, and then follow through. Again thanks for asking, it would be nice to see more professional Audi people on here relating with their customer base.

Old 07-10-2020, 05:44 PM
Banned

hahaha I agree with the comments above. everyone likes free stuff and it doesn't even matter how good it is. free and of high quality? it's just awesome. free and poor quality? Well, what else did you expect?)) and yes, it’s better not to lie, it will be worse for you, someone will leave a bad review http://freeapp.dating/, and everyone believes the reviews, especially the negative ones...

Last edited by amnazid; 07-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:21 PM
1st Gear

Where is your dealership located?

Quick Reply: What could I do as a sales woman to make your experience better?