Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Read this before going to MAPLEWOOD,MN

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
1st Gear
Default Read this before going to MAPLEWOOD,MN

Not once in the five times I've broughten to Maplewood Audi have I had a good experience. I bought my TT in May and since then they've had the car in their service for 3.5months and they still have it there at this moment.
Right now we're in the middle of a transmission battle with them over my TT. Back in July my forks went out so I needed a new tranny. It took them two months to fix it. Then when I got it back, I'd shift it into 5th gear and everytime it would grind. They said it was fine to drive like that so I continued to for the fact that I had missed my car so much the two months prior.
So I bring my car back in the beginning of Dec for the 5th gear still grinding (which by now it was getting stuck in 2nd and sometimes wouldn't go into 1st or reverse). A month later I get my car back with the PROMISE it's fixed. That night my boyfriend was driving the car and noticed a real faint noise when in 1st. So we call up the dealership and tell them about this. They said they'd take a look at it when we brought it in the week after so they could fix my instrament cluster they had replaced (when they converted my mileage from km to miles, it added 40,000miles onto my car...).
Not even a week later (before my appointment for the cluster)I'm driving to work when I hear a loud noise from the engine and then what followed was the noise of metal grinding on the ground. When Maplewood Audi looked at it the next day they said that the tech had tightened the bolts too tightly when reassmebling the transmission which then caused the exhaust to snap in half when the engine moved.
It's now been three weeks and they're saying nothing's wrong with the transmission. My boyfriend took the service writer out on a test drive and the service writer agreed he heard the noise from the transmission.
The GM isn't any help with getting my car fixed correctly. In so many words; he told us that he hopes to keep us happy so we continue buying cars from there.
My boyfriend and I had a meeting with the service manager today, which, when you cut through all the bullsh!t went soemthing like this.....

"Because you're a woman... you don't know how to drive stick. So your shift forks went out within two months of you owning the vehicle because of that factor. Also, because we want to rip you off as much as possible.... we used up all of your extended waranty. Which you need to bring us back your A6 loaner on wed and pick up your car because it doesn't run and we'll only work on it if you pay the $4000 for a new transmission. For your troubles though, we'll pay for the labor. Considering we know we're the reason your transmission won't work. And by the way, if you don't pay for the new transmission.... we're going to get you and your boyfriend fired from your jobs. BECAUSE WE CAN! Afterall, we're Audi."

Granted yes, the words are changed- but the meaning is the EXACT same! I'm actually in shock that someone could that be slimy! They've messed up my tranny enough times to prematurely MASSACRE my waranty (40,000 early) and now expect me to pay for their mistakes!

Hopefully you don't like your money much if you're shopping at Maplewood Audi... because they do a really good job of separating you from it as quick as possible! If you have a waranty..... NOT A PROBLEM!!!!! They use that all up then harass you for the money to fix what they broke!
GOOD LUCK

Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Read this before going to MAPLEWOOD,MN

Sorry to hear about that. I just moved to St. Paul from SLP and thought Maplewood would be closer than Carousel. I haven't had much better luck at Carousel, but no where near what you've gotten.

I have had it in a couple of times. First time they gave me a small shopping list of things gone bad, including a leaking radiator. Next time I had it in, it was because I hit a pole and tore out my oil pan. Now suddenly, no mention of the leaking radiator! This after a full impact to the front of the car! One would think they would have looked at that. So i pointed this out and they looked at it and said it was the reservoir at the back of the engine bay, depite the small puddles of coolant at the front of the car.

Luckily, I am pretty handy and can do almost all of the work myself for much much cheaper. Overall though, they have been pretty honest and nice about things and have told me like it is. They haven't screwed me around too much, misdiagnoses notwithstanding. I would recommend them. The GM seems like a good guy, having talked to him once. I don't know where you live, but it may be worth a drive, just to see if things are better.

And I would call Audi of America and rant to them about your transmission problem, as well as your experience with the dealer. I called them once and they seemed nice and willing to listen. They at least documented my problem (which ended up being unrelated to the design and build of the car) and I got what I needed - an answer. I have an older Audi, so I may not carry as much weight, but a new car should not have the problems described and you should be taken care of. Look into Lemon laws as well. You may have some recourse. Good luck.

Old 02-09-2007, 02:28 AM
1st Gear

Lemon laws only work if the car's new... and if it's used- you only have 3 months max (depending on how many milesare on the car when you buy it). Going to carousel doesn't matter much anymore... considering I don't have a waranty anymore.... I can just do whatever work on it now. Or my boyfriend can also. With a mix of knowledge between me, him and the forums... we'll do a better job than Audi ever did!!!!!!!
I'm going to call Audi of America, I just haven't looked into the number for them yet, been busy the last week. I live in crystal so carousel would be closer, but at the time when I bought my car- Maplewood was closer... so I was just going to stick with them. Much good that did me.

Old 02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

That sucks a lot. i havent been screwed that much just so far my radio code that they "Maplewood" gave me was wrong. My car died during the cold harsh winter lol and i had to bring it in and pay for them to give me the right code after i spent 13k on the car a month earlier. right now we are battling them to pay for it but i dont know if we will win this one.
If i remember correclty i think both Audi store in MN are owned by the same person or who ever owns them. not that that makes a difference. I know i will probably drive to Carousel to get everything done for my car and i live in Oakdale, MN.
The way they treated you because you are a girl is so so so very wrong. i know girls that can drive sticks better then i can.
Kinda off the topic but when i walk in there i have to go to someone for info on the cars otherwise everyone ignores me. I think that they see me as a kid and that doesnt matter. I wish that you could just talk to the finac guy and not the stupid sales man cuz they all suck. Wish you the best of luck with AOA. they should do something.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear

Both Audi dealershps are owned by the same people/person/company/a$$holes! :-D lol
My boy friend walked in there the night my exhaust snapped in half to try to get a loaner that night for me. He came straight from work so he was all greasy (he's a mechanic) and in his work uniforum and pulled up in his winter car and I guess everyone in the dealership looked at him like they were in shock he was even LOOKING at the dealership let a lone in there. They just have the complete stereotypical "Audi" attitude... They think they're better than everyone else, and it very much shows. And as far as how I drive.... I drive better than 90% of the guys I know. I drive my boyfriend's car all the time and he has a stage 5 clutch with 450whp... To be able to drive that thing.... you do have to know how to drive. BUT! good thing about them massacring(SP?) my waranty.... NO MORE AUDI DEALERSHIPS! YAE! Now me and the bf can do all the work. And get it done RIGHT the FIRST time.