Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

low class act by Shield Motors, State College, PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:27 PM
1st Gear
Default low class act by Shield Motors, State College, PA

Can you believe this behavior? Two months ago I had my 2005 4.2 Allroad in for repair at my dealer Shields Motors, in State College,PA.
While at the dealer the wheels and tires were stolen off the car one night and a police report was filed. The dealer tells me 7 weeks later to turn the $2300.00 loss into my insurance company. I call Audi Customer Service and they say this is a dealer issue and cannot help. Doesn't it seem strange that the dealer would not be liable? Over numerous conversations the issue of having a deductible on their policy was brought up. I personally feel it entirely unfair to hold my insurance company responsible for this loss. I also find it surprising that Audi would not take a stronger stand upholding the image of their representatives and reinforcing the feeling that the investment in your Audi is safe when in your dealers care. I believe two of the reasons our insurance premiums are so high are, one; the risk and value of what we drive, and two; scams to avoid deductibles by passing claims off on comprehensive sections of policies. Standards and morals should be highr than this.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:10 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: low class act by Shield Motors, State College, PA

That happened to my friend at a BMW dealership and the dealership was responsible and gave him some nice M3 rims in exchange. I would completely tear them apart and threaten them. They will eventually give in.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

Call your insurance company and ask them if they would assist. Explain the situation and see if they won't jump on them for you. I don't know what the law says with respect to who is responsible, but I think it may vary by state. For example, I know of someone in CT who had a similar incident with his car (not Audi) and the dealership was accountable and paid for parts and repair.

In the meantime, make mention of your bloggling skills to Audi customer service as well as the dealerships sales and service managers.They may not care, but if they are even remotely saavy, they might note how potentiallyharmful a bad rep obtained through blogs can be. Audi service may take special note of this.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:44 PM
1st Gear

As a followup on the problems I had with Shields Motors of State College, PA: After contacting the Better Business Bureau, the Attorney Generals Office and Audi America and hearing much sympathy but getting no action I finally turned this over to the legal department of my insurance company. Shields insists the theft of my wheels and tires from their car dealership, while the car was in for warranty repair, is no differant than if the car was parked at Walmart or a shopping center. I'll bet if you spent $50,000.00-60,000.00 for something at Walmart they would have a different view of their obligation to customers. (Probably I am over estimating this. In reality Walmart would have a different view for much less money than this. )

I maintain my position that this is a very low class act by Shields and in my opinion an excuse to pass their insurance responsibility on to my personal coverage. This is bottom feeding and I would hope not representitive of any standard business practices or we are all in trouble in this country.
Please: Teach your children young- or they might grow up having such low morals.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:20 PM
2nd Gear

Let me make this simple to understand. Every dealerhas to carry full comprehensive insurance for all vehicles parked on thier lot for sale and service. If you just parked it there without them knowing it, they woulddeny your claim and win because you were not authorized to park. When in for service or sales, the car is deemed dealership property while on sight and all liability is on the dealer. Take your service appointment card and record and hand it over to your insurance company. Their attorneys will tell you the same thing I am telling you. The dealer is fully liable for anything that happens to your car while on site for dealer obligations. Your not pushing hard enough with the dealer. Your insurance company should not even be involved. This is an easy win for you.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Call the dealership up and ask them who would have to pay if someone stole the wheels off one of their unsold cars. The new owner?? I think you should make a stink in their showroom on a Saturday afternoon...make sure people over hear it...Post signs on their doors "Have you seen my wheels?"
Time to be a real *****. You have any friends that are attorneys or in law school? I agree this should be an easy win for you, but only if the dealer gets the sense of legal threat. Otherwise, I guarantee they don't remember you the moment you walk out that door. Can you tell this makes me mad?