Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Las Vegas dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Default Las Vegas dealer

I recently took my 96 Audi A6 down to a new dealership in the north part of Las Vegas. I made an appointment 2 weeks prior to arrival, taking all the information they needed about the car and what I wanted done (simple oil and trans fluid change). Dropping off the car (9:30am) I explained basic things like no car wash( it always spotless) and I have an aftermarket intake so no need for the filter change. They said it would be done by the end of the day, great! Well I recieved a message from the dealership(5:30pm) saying that it would be a few more days on the trans fluid change due to not having the parts.??? I was puzzled....thinking why did I make an appointment and have to wait on parts? So I go down the next day to pickup my car and hear what the explaination is. Well first off the guy who took my car and filled out my paper work wasn't there. So everyone was lost for words. He says he can't find my paper work and just showed me what was on the computer. After getting a quote from the first guy for 199.95, now showing on the computer for 450.00. Needless to say I wanted them to find the paper that I signed with the quote on there. Well I waited for an hour,and finally just told them I'll pay for the oil change and go(I was really busy that day and cancelled an appointment just to hear b/s). The only explaination was the guy told me since I have an old car they don't have the parts on hand. He also stated that they normally they only order parts once the car is on hand. I really hope this is not true, if I would of been informed of this in the first place I would of taken action and pre-orderd the parts. But its hard to think that Audi won't take a risk of ordering 340 dollars worth in parts to get a customer out fast and happy (I could totally understand if I was replacing the transmission a 2k+ part and had to pre pay but not this). Then the service manager walked in (hoping I'd get some real help)! He saw me and asked if I had been helped I said I had, and he walks to the back and gets caught up on my situation. He comes back in and starts typing on the computer in front of me. I ask him if he is the service manager he says "yes I am, and he was aware of my situation". There was a service satisfactory list on the counter I picked it up and told him that his team had not offered any of these things and failed in my opinion. He says " uh huh" and I told him that most likly I would not come back to this place again due to the service. His reply was "good". I was blown away. Now there has been 2 people looking for my paper work for half an hour longer and still no luck. They said it was the guys fault who took my order, he must have misplaced it. The service manager told them to get me my keys and get me outta here becasue I was already mad and he didn't want me filling out a service satisfactory sheet. Of course he said the last part quite but not enough, I asked him his name before leaving he said it was " Skip" and have a nice day. Man, I'm sure that this isn't the unmatchable service that Audi raves about on their websites. But I'll tell ya I am totally turned off of buying a new Audi, and it hurts because I really love mine. Older but hey its in great shape, and cruises at 110 on the 15 no problem. If you can't get service on your car how do you expect it to last?[8|[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 11-18-2004, 03:39 AM
Ted
1st Gear
Default RE: Las Vegas dealer

Wow. I can not even think of that going on at a Audi Dealer. If that happend at the dealer im at then people would be fired, fast. And the fact that it took that long is just silly. Not having parts is kinda commen, but everything else is just silly, and not needed. I am sorry for your bad time at the dealer, but i hope you dont dislike audis becouse of it. just my 2 cents

Old 11-20-2004, 02:23 AM

Thanks for the reply Ted , I was beginning to think I was just another sob story . The dealership actually called me about a week later (when I saw the # I got excited) only to say that they had a outstanding balance for me for 450+ dollars. I laughed, needless to say it didnt take long for me to remind the guy of the incident. And just when you think someones going to do the right thing.....nope you get slapped just for a reminder[sm=icon_beat.gif]. My car is still in need of transmission fluid change, so if any one knows of a good trans. shop plz let me know.

Old 11-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Ted
1st Gear

Are you still out on the west coust? Im on the east cost. I would try to find somone that has worked on audis alot. dont go to a general auto place. Make shure the tech knows whats going on. It is easy to mess up a audi fast. Other then that its not bad. Have you talked to Audi yet about your problem. not the dealer. I mean Audi of America, they well take care of it. My Boss is scared of them. He hates it when he gets a call from them. Let me know how it gose.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:09 PM
1st Gear

It wasn't Audi of Las Vegas was it? ( West side around Rainbow/ Shara) I'm planning on taking my 03 TT in for it's 30,000 service soon