Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Clair Audi Westwood, MA

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Default Clair Audi Westwood, MA

I am on my third Audi, A-4, A-6, now A-4 3.2, and have used several dealerships in the Boston area. To me, Clair tops them all. Unlike other dealerships that forget you are a customer, these guys never forget. Respect, courtesy, accomodation, and the service people even remember my name! (not because I am a pain in the ..) I have seen them with other customers, and have not seen them play tricks with phony or unnecessary repairs, or upsells. Free coffee & pasteries and a quiet area to work or relax. Have an A-4 now, and when itis time to trade, it will be here. No, I am not a shill for them, just appreciative that there is a place to bring my car with confidence.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Clair Audi Westwood, MA

My wife and I stopped by Clair to check out their A4 inventory, but they didn't really have anything on site. 95% of their cars were off-site. Call ahead to make sure they bring over what you're interested in looking at.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

I am not sure if there has been any changes to parking/inventory situation but the dealership has had a new owner for the last few years. Its now part the Prime auto group. Has anyone had any recent experiences?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

I love the Prime people, at least in services. Incredibly accomodating, clean, professional, makes you remember why you bought an Audi in the first place.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tpadell
I love the Prime people, at least in services. Incredibly accomodating, clean, professional, makes you remember why you bought an Audi in the first place.
Thats good to hear. Its nice to see positive feedback about a dealer for once. The car business in general is a mess but there are some really talented, well trained people in alot of the service departments. Its about 50/50, but if you get to work with these people you usually have a better experience. Not cheap though........never cheap!

Old 12-21-2012, 10:01 PM
1st Gear

I had the worst experience at Audi & Porsche Westwood this past October. It was in the sales department. I was looking for an A4. I went there and they said they had located the A4 I wanted with the color and equipment. They asked for $1000 down to have it delivered (I found out later that is unorthodox to ask for a down payment if the dealer doesn't have a VIN). The next day they tell me that they have put in a request to that dealer to send the car to Westwood. 3 days later they tell me the car had been sold over the weekend. I went to Bernardi Audi in Natick and they said that the car that Westwood had located for me is still there.

Bernardi gave me a great deal. The A4 I wanted and they got it ready for me in a day. I had to go back to Audi Westwood and get my deposit back. Very odd doing business at Westwood. I do not recommend them. I would recommend Bernardi Audi in Natick. I would buy all my future Audi's from them. They are straight shooters, honest and very accommodating. The thing about the greater Boston area is there are so many Audi dealerships that one can shop around. Check them all out. I didn't like the one in Brookline very much either. The salesman there was haughty and talked down to my wife and me. Perception is reality.

Bernardi sold me my A4 SIGNIFICANTLY under invoice. No hassle. They wanted my business and they showed it by the deal they gave me. I love my A4 2013.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. Thats great you were treated well at Bernardi and you're very right about us having lots of options in the Boston area.