Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Benson Audi/Porsche New Orleans, LA

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:27 AM
1st Gear
Default Benson Audi/Porsche New Orleans, LA

This post is pertaining to the Audi/Porsche and Mercedes Benz lots located on Veterans in Metairie, LA. My experience with this dealership was absolutely the worst example of good business practice i've ever witnessed. I purchased a pre-owned Audi S4 (with only 18k miles) in July of this year. Within a few weeks i noticed a loud noise coming from the passenger side wheel well and was told I had a problem with my brakes. Ok, cool. 3 trips back to the dealer and that was cleared up. However, the squeaking from the dash for which the car was in the shop 4 times in 4 months was never fully rectified. But the biggest problem I had was the fact that they sold me a car with a SALVAGED TITLE without disclosing this information. This led to 5 months without the ability to obtain my liscense plate. Everytime I would go to the dealership they would give me some BS excuse about the insurance company dragging their feet. In reality, the upstanding employees of Mr. Benson's dealership weren't doing a damn thing to solve my (or more correctly their) problem. After 5 months of this I decided to trade the car. The business manager of my local Jeep dealer got the problem with my title solved in one business day by making a simple phone call to the previous owners insurance company.

I am a physician here in the greater new orleans area. If I ever buy another Audi/Porsche or Mercedes, i'll be going out of state to do it. I'll also make sure all of the other professionals I work with everyday know how poor Bensco's customers are treated.