Dealerships Review(s) of dealerships that sell or service Audi's

Bad Experience at Brookline Audi MA

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Default Bad Experience at Brookline Audi MA

I had dropped off my car for a minor problem (cant remember what, this was about 1.5 years ago). My car was supposed to be returned the same day, and they gave me a cheap rental from Enterprise as my loaner. That eve I was told the car would be ready the next day, Friday. On Friday I was told that the required parts were not available and that they would let me know when the parts were in stock. I had to drive back to the dealer that day to pick up my child car seat from my own car (i had left it in my car since I was supposed to get it back the same day) which was in itself an inconvenience. Anyway, the parts were not delivered for about 10 days during which time i did not hear from Brookline Audi. Suddenly I got a call late one evening saying that my car was ready. I was traveling out of town on business for about a week or so early next morning and it was too late for me to go and pick up my car that same evening.

I went to pick up my car when I returned and was told that they would charge me for the days that I was away. I feel that since they had substantially exceeded their original estimate of when the car would be ready (1 day) and had not given me any notice about when to pick up the car + the fact that it was impossible for me to go and pick up my car in the time that was available when they did call me that it was their responsibility. If they had given me even a little notice I would have been inconvenienced but still been able to drop off the rental.

They felt differently and charged me the total amount for the extra days which was about 500.00. They also tried to put all the blame on Audi USA. Because of this expereince (it wasnt great even before) my next car is a BMW and I have just ordered the 2006 325. I will never buy another Audi or VW because of this experience.