Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the computer, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

Fuel Guage and Display reading empty

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2024, 05:03 PM
1st Gear
Default Fuel Guage and Display reading empty

Evening All

Recently bought a 2002 TT 225 Quattro that is in need of a lot of love to say the least

Lots done already - full service including geardox and haldex, discs/pads/calipers all round, headgasket, timing belt and water pump, wiper motor etc replaced, new cluster and mapped ecu. She's in awful condition cosmetically so will be getting a full interior and exterior revamp over the winter

So onto my issue. The capacitor closest to the fuel guage on the original cluster burnt out (whilst i was driving, smoke from the dash is always fun!). Replaced the cluster and now the fuel guage and display are constantly reading empty (was working perfectly before releasing it's magic smoke). Checked fuses and they're fine, tried resetting by pulling the pump fuse and no change. I checked the resistance of the OS tank sender in situ and it read as expected. So before I start stripping panels and chasing wires (at this point I'm thinking I've got a break somewhere) has anyone else had this happen and how did you sort it?

Electrics really aren't my strong point so any guidance would be appreciated