Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

In search

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:19 AM
Default In search

Well I finish repering my ride. It feels nice. exept it pulls to the right all the time. anywho I'm in search of new problem to fix in my car. Got nothing to do.
well heres the scenario:
whenever I ingage into gear I feel it as double clutch. it ingages ones weak then second time hard. Suggestions. and whenever it switches between gears at like 2300RPM I can feel as if gear disengages then ingages then RPM drop. what can it be. It anoyes the crap out of me. sometimes I need to take off fast from a parked space. switch from N to D (mostly in N) and press accelerator and RPM like wosh up to like 1500RPM car is not moving then KABUM falls in gear and burn the rubber off.
Also I want to switch the ATX oil to full syntetic, which one is good. I heard of royal purple and red line and mobil and castrol. many companies so litle choise. which one would you suggest.

Tnx from Mighty Sayan Kakarot.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: In search

Do a couple more neutral drops and your transmission will go "ka-boom". The double clutch is probably your torque converter kicking in late, probably a result from doing to too many neutral drops.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:18 PM

TQ takes time to ingage. I thout that it works all the time.
PS what about the ATX oil. what type should I use? should I bother changing it? and how much the refil? Does it have a filter? Should I change it? Do I even make sance?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:26 PM
2nd Gear

I don’t like automatics or as I call them, ATF blenders. My general experience with them is that once they start acting up it is only a matter of time before complete failure. And that old wise tail of changing oil and filter will not help. So go ahead and use the most expensive or cheapest oil, as I doubt it will help either the trany will continue to run like crap or it will selfdestruct within the next year depending on how hard you abuse it.

Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 PM

No, not that hard, shifting at like 2200RPM easi starts. just the jerking and shifting.
and also it only happens when engine is at idle and I shift. when the tranny is cold and engine it does not happen.
well tnx for help, I will put syntetic oil and probably new filter. other wise it shifts strong and good.