Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

no wipers or turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Default no wipers or turn signals

so as it says i have no working turn signals or wipers. they both run on the same fuse #15 to be exact it is a 25A. every fuse i put in there blows. up to a 30A. i have disconnected all the switches i.e. turn signal, wiper, hazards, and headlight/running lights. I also disconnected the actual wiper motor. The radiator thurmo switch is also unplugged. at the fuse its self i am getting ground one one side and juice through the other. but on my 5k S. i also have ground on that side and everything still works. before i unplugged all of my switches i tried the hazards and they worked. all 4 lights came on and off. I have reached a dead end and don't know were to look next...I was thinking maybe a bad connection in the fuse box its self... how I open up my fuse box? any thoughts or opinions would be great. as if you want more info.

ps. this is the same issue i put up before but there is a lot more info here.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:24 AM
1st Gear

Led,

You have problems with that entire rope of wires coming into the cabin from the fuse box. When you come down to it, you probably had ONE circuit that was grounded, did not blow the fuse, hotted up and melted the insulation on the other wires, now you got a bunch of grounded wires.

I THINK you can unplug the connector from the inside of the firewall, pull it down to where you can examine it wire by wire.

Buying and driving old models, you have to have some smarts on this.

Cheers,

George

Old 08-12-2010, 08:13 PM

I have the same problem, but it was after I left my head lights on all day at work. About 10+ hours. I was able to crank my car, but my wipers, turning signals and AC doesn't work anymore? Whats up with that? I looked at the fuses and I didn't see anything that looked blown. Should I disconnect my battery before I replace/take out my fuses? 1999 A4 1.8