Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

Got my audi back from the dealer... and...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 04:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Got my audi back from the dealer... and...

It stopped making that grinding sound.. so thats good. But i did notice some probs with the lights, esp on the LEFT side. I guess when you hit the brake, the left turn signal wont work.. and when it does work, the blinker inside goes VERY FAST!! Also, when you hit the brakes, the brake light seems to dim??? or it goes out until you release the brake. It still is smoking a bit (i dunno if its running rich or what) but it could be from setting for 3 wks or so.. its been awhile since we had it home. I need to get this stuff fixed in 4 weeks, otherwise i cant get any more temp plates for 6 MONTHS.. and i really want it to pass inspection this time around. I really wish the previous owner didnt cut the radio out of the dash bec i think it messed some stuff up. At least the old alarm has not been messing up things, before my lights would blink on and off everytime i shut the door, like the alarm was going off. I need to fix the front corner turn lights too bec those are out as well, as i posted before. OH yeah, one more thing, the left side bumper turn light works, but its a LOT dimmer than the other side?? ANY INFO would help me a lot!! I dont wanna have to trash the car i like it tooo much

Old 12-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Default RE: Got my audi back from the dealer... and...

lighting is a bad ground (trash the car[:-] wash your mouth out with soap, put all information of the car up age/engine cc/engine code the more the better, when I get new batteries (too late here) for my camera I might be able to help

Old 12-02-2005, 07:49 PM
3rd Gear

It certainly sounds like a bad ground to me. I'd start near the dim light and work my way around.

I had a problem with my 89 200 blowing the fuse on the left side tail and front parking light. It would happen as I drove so it was in intermittent problem. After months of tracing wires and thinking I had it fixed - I was ready to rewire the whole damn thing. but I stumbled across the solution and couldn't believe how simple it was. The tail light bulb in the trunk lid was shorted out internally. Everytime I put it in and shook it the fues blew and when it was out everything was Ok. I switched it to the other side and it blew the other fuse. Oh yea -- It was a Sylvania bulb. Since Sylvania is owned by a German company (Osram) I think they were trying to get even with me for something. Needless to say I put in a GE bulb.

Old 12-03-2005, 07:55 AM
1st Gear

Yeah I will get all the info up. I NEED A GARAGE HEATER FIRST Hehheh its soo damn cold here in germany!! I wish they had at least an auto zone, or pep boys or something around here.... everything that has to do with cars is all tucked away and such.. one small junk yard we finally found was off the road into the woods!!! I want to replace a lot of the bulbs bec, they are prob almost all bad. Bad grounds eh... yeah i wanna get that fixed.. the dealer said they could fix my front corner lights but it would be around 100 euros or more! ill try to fix myself thanks hehe... My wife said, since she drove it home yesterday, that the brakes seem stiff??? I guess you really gotta push them now for the car to stop. I will test drive it later today and i will give you the details. No i dont wanna get rid of her!! (the car hehe).. i plan on getting one when i get back to the states. I could bring a later model, say a 94 coupe over but it would be hard to find parts (even more so) since they were not shipped there to the US. Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!! I owe ya some german beer and bratwursts

update.. i just checked the front turn signal lights by the headlights.. well.. the driver side has NOTHING in it.. the passanger side has a bulb, but i cant see behind it bec of the structure...so i dunno if its wires are there or not..
man that sucks.. do they sell the wire harness for the lights???

Old 12-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Got my Audi back from the dealer... and...

the wiring will be there I'm sure easiest way in there is headlight unit out then trace the wires with the indicators/flasher on using a multi meter to test for voltage, failing that link the front flasher to the rears front left to rear left and front right to rear right, the reason I say that is because some people tend to link both front to one rear and this doesn't work

Old 12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Got my Audi back from the dealer... and...

OK i will check out out tomorrow... i need to get the wiring for the side light turn indicators.. i dunno why the one is missing????? Something is screwe up somewhere.. even when we put the key in the car the rear wiper starts to go on its own.. also when you turn the left turn on, with the headlights on, the backup lights go on too and blink!! its rather annoying.. there are a LOT of wires comming out from where the radio used to be.. i have no idea where they used to go.. this seems like a bad bad dream sometimes lol thanks for the info.. i will get all that info on the engine and what not tomorrow