Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

German cars suck

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:42 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: German cars suck

how dare you calling audis crap... all cars have maintence and if you cant afford it then why did you buy the car in the first place... your car is OLD, what'd you expect? american cars suck for most of the part, cheap quality and they can never make a good transmission....
Americans can't make transmissions, Germans don't get the electrics right all the time, and Japs are only bought because they are supposedly cheap to maintain.

but Germans know how to build cars, best designs/engines/etc... not a fan of VW but the others rock...

Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

also: why didnt you try buying a newer audi (2000+) before arriving at this conclusion? have ever even owned a 2002+ german car that is not VW?
mercedes, bmw?VWs are the most basic and the average range of german cars

Old 03-28-2008, 02:35 PM
2nd Gear

Maybe you don't know what the hell you are doing when it comes to taking care of a vehicle?

Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM

German cars do suck.... When you take them to the shop... My wallet is hurting baddly right now but I still love my new 87 GT. Although I hate the 3 speed in it. So NOT fun to drive. Right now I need lots of front end work and new suspension, not bad for a factory rig.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:12 PM
1st Gear

I've had everything;

85 Renault Alliance (Traded 129k) Ate Computers, and headlight switches.
89 Isuzu Impulse Turbo (Traded 146k ) Ate Mufflers but otherwise no problems ever.. Downtube split at 146kwas $800 bucks wish I hand never gotten rid of it.
International Scout II TD (Still Drive) Rusty but otherwise pretty dependable if it feels like starting.
93 Hyundi Scoupe Turbo(Traded)Three valve cover gaskets in 3 years. Otherwise no problems. Paid $7500 in 93 with 9600 miles on it. Traded for $7500 in 96 with 96000 on it. ( Long story )
96 Nissan 200 SX-SER (Wrecked Parked in Street) (AC Compressor failed34k $700, Header factory weld broke38K, $700, Airbag control unit dead98k, $800, starter and alternator 110k. Died at 200034)
99 A4 Wagon 1.8T(Wrecked Parked in Street) only 81K but never a moments problem.
03 AllRoad 2.7T ( Seat heater under warrenty but no other problems 58k )
95 GMC Pickup TD ( No problems 165K )

So looking back the worst car I had was the Renault which cost me a fortune in collage. The Nissan comes in second with a long troublesome spell right after the warrentee expired.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 AM

erase this thread. its a nuisance in our community.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

You are right you should go out and enjoy the Hondas of the world, because you don't deserve to own a German automobile, they engineered the vehicles that Japan copies look at Subaru...You might want to go out and buy a ford also because they are designed for simple minds as well...I have owned German cars for many years I grew up in Japan, lived in Germany and I know that I can buy a German car and do vertually nothing to it and still kick the crap out of a Honda that someone has put over $20.000 into above the price of the car only to loose to a stock German Car...I feel you need to go out of here and not come back because you obviously do not understand what is good and what is bad. I have worked on all of these type of vehicles and still work to repair the Hondas that guys like you buy and try to drive like it was a German Car....go buy one and we will be seeing you in the repair shop we will take your money until you realize you should have kept your German car...Bye Now

Old 04-06-2008, 02:09 PM
1st Gear

Um.Sorry Rhatt, but dont get too carried away. There are hondas with cheap 5500-7000 builds crushing 11 second ETs...... I understand what you are saying, but you are certainally getting a little carried away.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 PM

Make sure you get a ridiculously large non functional wing and a fart can on those jap cars so you can fit in with the rest of the ricers

Old 04-07-2008, 10:52 PM
1st Gear

You are right, but for someone to come into an area like this one and get carried away with things as well it just hits me side ways...I am sorry for every body that do own Hondas but I still feel that when someone buys a car they should understand how to work on it, and not get mad about it.. I have had my share of issues with my vehicles but I have had more issues with other people not taking the time to read about the vehicle they have bought..Sorry

Quick Reply: German cars suck