Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

German cars suck

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 07:07 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: German cars suck

All this stuff of Germans losing the war becuase of the lack of technical engieering ablilty?

Umm..read a book.
Germans lost the war in part becuase we bombed the crap out of thier production factories.

Would you like to guess whom had the upper hand vehicle wise during the war in Africa?

The Germans.
The Allied forces all had a majrity of water cooled vehicles. One bullet into a radiator will render a water cooled vehicle useless.
We experianced many, many over heats due to the hot climate...the air cooled vehicles very rarely had cooling problems, and would still run even though they took rounds.

How dare you attempt to **** off the Audi Gods!
No wonder you're having crappy luck with yor cars.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:10 AM

ORIGINAL: sepp

All this stuff of Germans losing the war becuase of the lack of technical engieering ablilty?

Umm..read a book.
Germans lost the war in part becuase we bombed the crap out of thier production factories.
Also the fact that on the 6 June 1944 Das Furher was sleeping and no one had the ***** to wake him up and tell him there was an invasion going on. He alone had sole command over the German tank regiments, who where sitting miles back from the beaches, and no one would order them forward. But I dont think any of them had Audi engines

Old 01-11-2008, 12:54 PM
1st Gear

I'm glad Sepp pointed that out. That comment kinda bugged me too. Don't ever underestimate an enemy, or forget what had to be done to overcome opposition. The reason the Allies won the war was because of some incredibly ballzie military strategy some of which didn't go as well as we would have liked in the beginning. In the end I'd say we won 'cause of good 'ol American spirit (with the help of our Allied friends of course).

The Germans certainly didn't loose because of crappy engineering or bad technology. Some of the weapons developed and put into service during WWII by the ***** were leaps and bounds ahead of their time technologically. The Sturmgewehr 44 is the father of modern assault rifles and far superior in features and functionality to the rifles the Allies were equipped with at the time (even though they were pretty limited in supply to just their special forces units aka the "SS").

Towards the end Germany's supply routes, factories etc... were pretty well obliterated by bombing and mass Allied invasion making it a bit difficult for them to keep their equipment maintained and serviced in the field, making it possible for them to be more easily defeated. If the treads gets blown off your tank and you don't have replacement parts its pretty much a pile of scrap metal.

HK (a German company) designs, manufactures and supplies the worlds' (USA included) militaries and law enforcement agencies with a great deal of service proven reliable weaponry. Point being. The Germans surely didn't loose because of inferior technology.

Germany has a history of and continues to this day to engineer and create some very killer stuff. Audis (my personal favorite) and several other fine automobiles that come to mine of course included!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:24 PM
1st Gear

i love when somebody says something negative on this forum.... always turns into a drama match

here I go:

1. Audis nice cars? yes very nice... the best? not even close

they are expensive, over rated, and like ANY other car prone to break down if you dont tend to the basics. My Camry blows the A6 out of the water with its reliability.

My Caddilac blows my A6 out of the water with its luxury, class, style, muscle, and overall comfort

Where does my A6 blow the 2 mentioned? I get them both in my A6... my caddy and my camry... rolled into one.

does it make it the best out of my 3? no... but i love it anyways

Old 01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: caddy2audi

i love when somebody says something negative on this forum.... always turns into a drama match

here I go:

they are expensive, over rated, and like ANY other car prone to break down if you dont tend to the basics. My Camry blows the A6 out of the water with its reliability.

My Caddilac blows my A6 out of the water with its luxury, class, style, muscle, and overall comfort

Where does my A6 blow the 2 mentioned? I get them both in my A6... my caddy and my camry... rolled into one.

No, it doesn't. Maybe a Cadillac could almost compare, but if you aren't talking about a current-gen Cadillac, you're blowing smoke out of your *** and huffing it.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:04 PM
1st Gear

here I go:

I'm confused by your logic.

First you said A6 is nice but isn't great and Audi is overrated then you said:

Camry = Reliable (blows the A6 out of the water).
Caddy = Luxury, class style and overall comfort.

Then you said that the A6 is the best of both world's, and you love it. I would have to conclude that the A6 is then reliable like the Camry and luxurious like the Caddy. But wait... that contradicts what you just said.

Seemed like you flip flopped there in your opinion from start to finish! The down and dirty is that car preference is a matter of personal opinion. I was just confused by your statements.

Just admit it... your A6 rules by comparison... ;-)

Old 01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: CLX

here I go:

No, it doesn't. Maybe a Cadillac could almost compare, but if you aren't talking about a current-gen Cadillac, you're blowing smoke out of your *** and huffing it.

my Cadillac is older and still has more options than my audi.... and yes, sorry to hurt Audi owners here, my Caddy does blow it out the water.... not to say its not as nice, but its MY opinion ok.... so dont tell me im blowing smoke out my ***.... your just another one of these audi owner that think there is nothing better... but the FACT IS there are.... and yes I am a long time fan of Cadillac's in general, but I know that there are better cars. and NO audi IS NOT!!!!

Personally when im done driving my audi, i wont buy one ever again... my opinon only... dont get your panties in a bunch

Old 01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
1st Gear

Unbelievable. If you can afford 3 cars, buy a new or newer audi, and the repair costs, if any will be covered under warrantee.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Kraysaw

here I go:

I'm confused by your logic.

First you said A6 is nice but isn't great and Audi is overrated then you said:

Camry = Reliable (blows the A6 out of the water).
Caddy = Luxury, class style and overall comfort.

Then you said that the A6 is the best of both world's, and you love it. I would have to conclude that the A6 is then reliable like the Camry and luxurious like the Caddy. But wait... that contradicts what you just said.

Seemed like you flip flopped there in your opinion from start to finish! The down and dirty is that car preference is a matter of personal opinion. I was just confused by your statements.

Just admit it... your A6 rules by comparison... ;-)
ha ha ha yeah i guess after reading it, it does kinda flip flop

My point was that I do like my Audi but its not the best car to ME and me only. yeah its reliable, but it has its quirks, and is more expensive to fix than my Camry... All i do to my Camry is change the oil and brakes... The Camry is a 95, and has 200K on ALL its original parts. only thing not original is the tires, oil, brakes.

Caddy (i hate to admit) not as reliable as my Audi, but has more options even though its older.... better leather, steering wheel controls for stereo and climate, automatic wipers and lights, remembers 2 drivers controlled by remotes that remembers last radio settings climate mirrors seats etc for each driver.... i can go on and on.... and I wont, just because im biased toward Caddy's, like everyone one here for their audis

Its a good everyday driver, but not my fave... thats all.

I hate how some of the audi guys get so defensive on here. The thread started with someones experience with Audi, and wanted to let people on here know what it was... I like to come on the forums and help on the technical stuff i can chime in on, and in return get help... I thought that was the point of these forums. Also, how did this move from one guys bad experience to how the GErmanslost the war?!?!?!!? thats just crazy.... and yeah i guess I was responsible for a Audi vs Camry vs Caddy discussion....

Well honestly, I just wish everone luck with their cars (no matter what you drive) and i just enjoy trying to help anyone with my past experiences with cars.
Sorry CLX if you think im blowing smoke and huffing... ha ha ha

Old 01-24-2008, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: redsox12

Unbelievable. If you can afford 3 cars, buy a new or newer audi, and the repair costs, if any will be covered under warrantee.
im happy not paying 500+ in car payments anymore their all payed off, if thats unbeleiveable thats your opinion... I rather save that $$$ and push it into my retirement fund, that way when i retire early i can buy a classic muscle car and waste my time with that. while youll be 70+ working... but with a newcarright? Fixing cars when they ocasionaly break down isjustsmarter money managementfor me, and i rather not shovel my hard earned income into car payments that wont pay me dividens....

Quick Reply: German cars suck