Classic Audi A section to discuss the models that have made Audi famous of the years...

German cars suck

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: German cars suck

i just got a 93 90 cs quattro and i love it. it may be old and i'm going to have to put a couple hundred bucks into it pretty soon to get some routine maintenance done, but it has power and luxury. it's amazing. i smoked an srt4 around these s-curves at these street races over in the seattle area that go down every friday and saturday. he pulled up next to me and was super pissed off that my 172 horses plus quattro whooped his 230 something horses.
and my friend just got an 04 wrx all stock and whatnot and it's an amazing car but it still doesn't have the combination of solidity, awd, power and handling of an audi as old as mine

Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 AM
4th Gear

in all fairness the VW is made in mexico, and if we disagree we know nothing about about these cars, ive saved well over a few grand by doing things the old american way by getting under my car and fixing whats broken, rarely have i actually taken my car to a shop. also german cars are built for speed and safty, yeah hondas are nice but ever been in an accident with one, i have, it sucked, given i still miss my accord but i want performance and safty thats why i bought an audi, second one to be exact, the first one got t-boned by some idiot going 50mph. and for speed, lets see that new japanese or american econo car try to keep up with me to 130mph and not get blown off the road by a small gust of wind. unless you want too pay alot for a good japanese or american car you not gonna find one thats reliable, luxury, safe, and well designed in many aspects like a german car.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 AM
Site Moderator

ROFL, i really can't believe you just suggested that american cars are more reliable than german cars. [sm=laughat.gif]

Old 12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: auditech79

ROFL, i really can't believe you just suggested that american cars are more reliable than german cars. [sm=laughat.gif]
Auditech, I found that funny too. Unbelievable.

That proves two things.

First, this guy Kloudyis on crack or meth, or God knows which acid.

Second, I have found that Japanese cars are like ******, you can never get the feeling when they are with you (don't take my word for it...I don't have exp. with ******, but sure have with Japanese cars). American cars are like (I guess) ghetto bitches (no exp. here either...with the bitch [but have seen C.O.P.S several times]or with the car) they noisy, cheap, and you don't want to be seen in one (if you are a gentleman...one reason I never bought GMC) > Germans, are like love of your life, something that gives you companionship. You take care of her,and she promises everything to you. You want to be seen with them, and once you go this way...(like I did) it (relationship) usually ends like ...till death do us apart. And when you are in this fulfilling relation...money doesn't matter ..does it?

Having said that....I guess, somepeoplecan only do with ****** and Ghetto Bitches.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM
1st Gear

love old audi's n junk yards. still have the 1995 90 n she still running strong. would not even think about getting rid of her. the wife calls her allie. n allie still loves leaving the jap cars behind her in the corners and curves. she has the 5 speed n when she drops a gear in a curve i look in mirror and gotta smile. I'm a poverty stricken aristocrat driving an audi out in the sticks with redneck millbillys as i call them here. what would i know, my other car is a frieghtliner with a 500hp detroit 10 speed. i go out and look for jap cars to take into certain turns where i live to see if they can hang. I'll go slow on back roads, n patiently wait for them to come up on me and just when they think they got me, drop gear and go, and when we get to the light and there still behind me i look at them in mirror, lift the shades up n nod, especially if its some young dude who thought he had something for me. Have to laugh at frustrated owner wanting dependability and maintence free. I've wrenched in freezing cold temps outside on audi just to get them out on the road to hit it. to look at the faces of those who aint got one. i dont care what audi or what year it is, it gets the looks and respect of those who just know, cant touch this. its class and character. one and car are the same. driver n car driver n audi accelerating on ramp to freeway to passing lane only where u know there aint no cops and its safe. cranking out voodoo child jimi hendrix looking for honda toyota mitsushi all they see is white flash.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
2nd Gear

^^Nice.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Kloudy

After owning a 92 Audi 100, as well as, a 03 Jetta I have realized that the Germans do not know what the hell they are doing when it comes to engineering a vehicle. They break often and are the bitch to repair. One would think that for the cost associated with these cars that they would be quality. Ya right. I have spent thousands of dollars to keep this car in running order only to have one problem after another. Got rid of the Jetta, and I am sure as hell getting rid of this piece of **** Audi. Replaced the Jetta with a 97 Honda Civic. Low cost of ownership and very easy to repair on the rare occasion that something goes wrong. If I can manage to dump this crap Audi I am going to buy an Accord. I am never going to a German car again. If anyone is thinking of buying a German car STOP. Buy Japanese or American or anything other than a German **** box. Anyone that disagrees knows nothing about cars. If anyone reports this I don’t give a **** because Audi sucks and will never own a German car again.

IMO german cars are like living things, you have to pay close attention to them, take care of them and baby them then they'll repay you with reliabilty, if you don meticulously maintain them they start to have problems, japanese cars are similar but everything is built cheap, they rust easily and break down just as easy, i had a 1998 Mitsubishi Montero, just fixing the exhaust cost almost 2k, there was rust on the body that i had to fix, and new ones formed, it was a tank but when i hit the center of it i didnt feel like spending 7k in repairs, car was totaled and sent to the yard. so japanese cars are built not as good as german cars, slam a door on an audi or VW and it will have a nice thud or thunk, on a jap car, you get kind of a tin sound, plus look at the crash test rating, Audi PWNS most if not all japanese makes, plus hondas, acuras are for people who dont understand or respect cars, so your doin those german cars you had a favor, so you can take your e-hate of audis/vw somewhere else because its not welcome here

plus american makes suck ***, (though i do like chevy)ford is a terrible make ALL around they are not reliable what so ever and they are under powered for theyre engine, a taurus 3.0 puts out 190HP AT MOST, a mitsu 3kgt 3.0 puts out 300!!!!(i love mitsu BTW even though theyre bodys rust alot to and are a bitch to maintain)
a new ford mustang can be smoked by an a4 1.8t and a chevy celebrity 2.2(my friendbeat a v8 stang with the stock celeb) keep in mind ford stands for ****** only rolls downhill,so if your saying german makes like the audi R8, mercedes SLR MacLeran and BMW Z4 suck, you got issues and need to do a **** load of studying about your cars

Old 01-09-2008, 11:43 PM

SMPO!!!!

German cars made to last. i am driving my 196K miles audi 90 1995 FWD auto. Its nice and reliable. I seen Jokers playing with their Hondas in parking lots, Its so funny. When Honda breaks, the whole car is broken. Its not like 1 part, its like 1/2 the car.

Dont get me wrong, Jap cars are nice to drive and throw away. Like one time use cars. Like ****** as someone said. American brands are nice because we here in America (most I hope), and parts are cheap, and its slightly more reliable as Japs, but its like a rust buckets to drive around. They are like work Horses, they will take you from A to B even if car is falling apart on you.

I like some class in my life, thats why I have an Audi !!!
I think I have only red Audi 90 1995 FWD auto in NYC, thats unique.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:05 AM

Ok so i'm new here and a big fan of Audis having just sold my A6 and now getting a Coupe
Glad someone mentioned how crap American cars are, I meanFord still fit leaf spring suspension to the new Mustang.
But as for Jap or Asian car i'm afraid you guys have no idea WTF your talking about the Honda VTEC engine is one of the most reliabile units ever produced and a Nissan Skyline will smoke your Audis

http://www.hondabeat.com/highmiles.php

Old 01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
1st Gear

I doubt this post will ever die. Thanks to the hater! I'm new here too by a few weeks and this thing seems to be constantly updated every few days. I guess I'll finally chime in... why not... work is boring.

I wouldn't say that Honda, Nissan, Toyota or even Mazda builds crap. But I think everyone's point here thus far is there just isn't any comparision. If, that is, you're a person who loves to drive and enjoys luxury and performance, you're going to pick an Audi over any Jap model anyday. If you like peace of mind and just want something that gets you from point A to point B and will go 100,000 miles even if you neglect to service it then get a Camry or Accord. But if you love what you drive and are willing to love your car so it can love you back... go test drive an Audi.

I speak from experience. I had an '83 Honda Prelude that I drove into the ground. Great car. Still one of my favorite cars I've owned. I also owned a 2005 Mazda RX8. I loved that car. Fun as hell to drive. Quick, nimble and pretty comfy. Plus those damn suicide doors. You wouldn't believe how much crap I could fit in that small thing when I had to. Became a bit impractical though with a 9 year old and a baby unfortunately. I've even had a Toyota Corrolla and a Mazda Protege, both of which wouldn't raise your pulse obviously on a good day, but hey I hardly ever had to fix anything on them.

As for American, My wife has had a 2007 Ford Escape for over a year now.... Uggghhh. It's fine and all now new. I can already tell its gonna be a pile of crap and rickety as hell by the time the warranty runs out. I'm already looking to replace it with a used Avant A4 or A6. I just picked up this old '92 100 S for my daily commuter and got the Audi bug again.

Compared to the two old Audi 100's and the 80 Quattro I've owned, the Audis win hands down for the comfort and fun I've had driving them. Now if only I can find an old Ur-Quattro...

Quick Reply: German cars suck