B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Warped Disc's

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 02:55 AM
1st Gear
Default Warped Disc's

Hi guys firstly I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Car Audi A4 2.0T 09 RHD
I've got an issue with my cars brakes, some time ago I noticed a very slight pulsing and shake in the steering wheel when braking. Well this has now become very violent so I tried to change the disc's ands pads last night.

All when well on the passenger side so started on the drivers side, upon putting the new disk on then the calliper mount I noticed the disk was touching the mount but only every half a rotation as if it was warped! I've checked the wheel bearing for play and bushes but all appears really tight.

I could only think it's the disc's as I only any vibration when braking and tyre wear appears ok too! Could this be a bent hub/flange or start of a failed bearing?

Thanks in advance

Old 02-18-2015, 08:38 AM
1st Gear

Okay. Saw this and it really caught my eye. I am a new Audi owner BUT, a good friend of mine has now owned 3, for many years. He says he has never had a single issue with the exception of this problem.

He buys new, and when taking it back to the dealer, he refused to pay for new discs or brakes due to this.

They fixed for free, and with him being a regular customer who spends a lot of money, I guess they told him a "secret".

The brakes are outsourced from China I guess. This is what he has told me. I think they will be doing away with this in the B9 series, next year, but this is what I have heard. Shocking.

But yea, cheaper part so you might see this. Go complain. How many miles? You may get a discount, and see if they tell you the same that I have heard. Otherwise, awesome vehicles!

Old 02-18-2015, 09:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tom1691
Hi guys firstly I'm new to the forum so I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong place.

Car Audi A4 2.0T 09 RHD
I've got an issue with my cars brakes, some time ago I noticed a very slight pulsing and shake in the steering wheel when braking. Well this has now become very violent so I tried to change the disc's ands pads last night.

All when well on the passenger side so started on the drivers side, upon putting the new disk on then the calliper mount I noticed the disk was touching the mount but only every half a rotation as if it was warped! I've checked the wheel bearing for play and bushes but all appears really tight.

I could only think it's the disc's as I only any vibration when braking and tyre wear appears ok too! Could this be a bent hub/flange or start of a failed bearing?

Thanks in advance
First I would put the old rotor back on and see if you have the same problem. If you don't have the same problem then I would check or have someone check the new rotor. Regardless of where/who made the rotors they all must meet a spec. and if you search into it you will find that almost ALL rotors for OEM cars are made in china. Now if you had a bad hub/wheel bearing problem you would have the vibration all of the time and you would get funny tire wear. If you bought the rotors from an auto parts place and if they turn down rotors then ask them to put this rotor on their table and check it for flatness. Oh when you put the rotor on did you tighten up at least 2 wheel bolts to make sure it was tight to the hub.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:37 PM
1st Gear

+1 to the above or It could be a messed up tire. If you hit something the belts might be out of line.