B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Things to do before warranty ends?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 AM
1st Gear
Default Things to do before warranty ends?

Hi everyone,

New to the forum! I own a 2009 A4 and will be out of warranty at the end of april. I am the second owner of this car and did not buy it from an audi dealer.

I want to have it looked over by the dealer before the warranty is up. It has had all it's service and there is no problem with burning oil.

I have read about a sun roof TSB that i will ask about. my car has the straight deflector and it does get pretty loud.

Bottom line, if i go in with a list, they complete everything. If i ask them to "look it over," there never seems to be a problem.

What else should i ask/look for??

Thanks

Old 03-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Certified

well the dealer is not aloud to up sell warranty items if it is not safety related.

mention that you are hearing noises like " squeaking " over bumps and in the mornings when cold on a " lock " turn you can hear a different creaking noise.

those should get your upper control link bushings replaced and your sway bar end links replaced.

also say stuff like

" burning smell"
" front end feels loose/ not as tight with handling"

what motor do you have in your a4 2.0T or 3.2 v6?

say that the motor vibrates heavily and that you feel the motor like hopping under heavy accel.

those things should get your motor mounts replaced and any coolant or oil leaks that you have!!!

besides that, brakes tires alignment, fuel filters those are all things warranty does not cover! those are on you.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by EthanB5( auditek)
well the dealer is not aloud to up sell warranty items if it is not safety related.

mention that you are hearing noises like " squeaking " over bumps and in the mornings when cold on a " lock " turn you can hear a different creaking noise.

those should get your upper control link bushings replaced and your sway bar end links replaced.

also say stuff like

" burning smell"
" front end feels loose/ not as tight with handling"

what motor do you have in your a4 2.0T or 3.2 v6?

say that the motor vibrates heavily and that you feel the motor like hopping under heavy accel.

those things should get your motor mounts replaced and any coolant or oil leaks that you have!!!

besides that, brakes tires alignment, fuel filters those are all things warranty does not cover! those are on you.
Thanks, this is a huge help. I have H&R OE Sport Springs on the car. waiting to see if they give me a hard time about anything...