B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Stuck's Avant Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
1st Gear
Default Stuck's Avant Build

Through 4 cars I always set up a build thread to post progress as I go. Since this is brand new, not much has gone on yet...but it will. My mission is to have an amazingly nice daily driver, that is much quicker and more fun than stock without harming its innate luxury. This car will do an occasional track day, will certainly go 'Hooning in the hills from time to time, and take out a few unsuspecting kids at stoplights. This means no super loud exhausts, radical cams, super low/stiff suspensions.

So where am I at today? First 2 tanks of gas done and mostly city driving, being nice to it, I am getting 25.5mpg hand calculated. Could not me happier, especially since today I discovered my rear tires were 9lbs low (measured cold) and my fronts were 5lbs low. That will only help the mpg even more.

2 interesting things have happened since I picked her up. #1 Took my parents to dinner and dad said in my moms 2008 Infinity M35 he can tell the people in the front seat are talking, but he has no clue what they are saying even when he leans forward and tries to listen. In my car he can sit back, relax and join in the conversation without any problem. #2 On a 35 minute drive down the freeway (to go shopping) I got up to speed and reset my #2 trip odometer. With the cruise at 70 the computer said I was getting 35.5mpg on the trip down and 36.1mpg coming home. I am sure that thing is not dead accurate, but that is still impressive, esp coming from a vehicle that got 17 on the freeway.

Mods to date.....I have tinted the windows (40% everywhere but the windshield;d and sunroof, which got 70%, all 3M Prestige Tint). I also added mud flaps, 100% function over form, but on a white care they don't look bad. Already on order.....APR turbo back exhaust, new rear valance, stage 2 ecu, & Carbino CAI.In the pipe.....probably wheel spacers, WeatherTech floor mats and then I will take a break. I am not sure how big I can go on the spacers, some seem to say 15mm/20mm, and some say 5mm/10mm.

And pictures, so I don't get yelled at. Some are repetitive from my "hello post".

First Time I saw the car. On display at a local mall, dealer said they had one close to what I wanted. Looked good, but not OMG Great to me.

Ready to bring it home from the dealer. Now here it blew me away, HOT!

Post tin, baking in the sun to dry the tint.

Tried the factory racks it came with....they make a bit of wind noise. And, given how the sunroof works, you cannot run a spoiler to cut the noise. Bummer dude, my surf racks will be noisy!

Post mudflaps.

And the obligatory LED shot.

I wil post back here as I do more too it...with pictures of course.

Thanks ahead of time for all of your support, help, and opinions.