B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Rear Blown Speaker?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 09:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Rear Blown Speaker?

First of, I like to listen to loud music. Before I had an A6 2.8 '01 which had Bose speakers and I installed a sub with an amp.

Now that I have the A4, I am assuming the speakers are just like a facorty Audi made speakers. Last weak, I noticed that my left side rear speaker (the one that is to the trunk) sounded like it was blown.

I think I read this problem with someone elses (or a blown amp).
Has anyone else had this problem?
Any recommendation on what to do? Replace them?
I have extended warranty but I am sure it doesnt cover the speakers hahah

any imput would be great.

Thanks!

Old 09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LeAudi19
First of, I like to listen to loud music. Before I had an A6 2.8 '01 which had Bose speakers and I installed a sub with an amp.

Now that I have the A4, I am assuming the speakers are just like a facorty Audi made speakers. Last weak, I noticed that my left side rear speaker (the one that is to the trunk) sounded like it was blown.

I think I read this problem with someone elses (or a blown amp).
Has anyone else had this problem?
Any recommendation on what to do? Replace them?
I have extended warranty but I am sure it doesnt cover the speakers hahah

any imput would be great.

Thanks!

I guess a bad amp could blow a speaker. I've never had a bad amp so I can't speak about that, and can only advise to get it checked out and confirmed as the cause of the speaker. But it kinda sounds like you blew the speaker (sorry). If thats true, then its on you.

Recommendation what to do?!?!? Either listen to a blown speaker or replace it.

If you have the Audi Pure Protection extended warranty then I dont think the speakers are covered. Even premium protection doesnt seem to cover "audio", whatever that includes. I think they cover the OEM radio/CD player tho. You should definitely get a copy of what your extended warranty covers by the way. Call whomever provides your warranty and find out.

I feel like you havent done everything you could have before posting. You should be calling whomever provides your warranty to see if its covered. You should get your amp checked out to see if its the root cause. If it was the amp then post about that. im sure it'd be a good thread. but not a blown speaker.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for the response. You just stated the obvious, about the replacement and that I will most likely do. Read the warranty and I am pretty sure it does not cover speakers.

I guess my main question was if anyone had this problem before and with what did they replace them. Was wondering if I could replace them myself or if to take the car to Best Buy. But my search came up empty.

The reviews on most of the car speakers werent great unless they were 200$ just for a pair, which seems like its too much.

I am not familiar with the factory speakers, so I am asuming an ampis is needed for the replacement speakers?

Thanks

Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by LeAudi19
Thanks for the response. You just stated the obvious, about the replacement and that I will most likely do. Read the warranty and I am pretty sure it does not cover speakers.

I guess my main question was if anyone had this problem before and with what did they replace them. Was wondering if I could replace them myself or if to take the car to Best Buy. But my search came up empty.

The reviews on most of the car speakers werent great unless they were 200$ just for a pair, which seems like its too much.

I am not familiar with the factory speakers, so I am asuming an ampis is needed for the replacement speakers?

Thanks

I'm sure people have blown their speakers. i dont think this is a rare thing if you listen to music really loud. That being said, no matter how high i turn my stereo i cant seem to blow mine. so these cars definitely have high power speakers.

it is possible to replace your own stuff. but nobody on here can answer whether or not YOU can do it. depends on your skills. i replaced the stereo and speakers for my last car. i do have an electronics background but i dont think its necessary as long as you can follow instructions and have basic skills with tools (screw driver, pliers).

You need to look for a B8 A4 rear speaker installation guide on the web. see for yourself if you think you can do the installation.

Used speakers might be budget friendly. try buying online rather than in person to save $.

since we're not psychics, you might want to explicitly state all your questions next time.