B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Questions for current A4 owners!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:19 AM
1st Gear
Default Questions for current A4 owners!

Hi everyone!

So, I'm interested in possibly factory ordering a 2011 A4 Premium Plus and the only options that are must-haves is the Bang & Olufsen sound system and the 18" Sports Package.

So, two questions:

1. About the Quattro...(I know this has probably been done to death). Is the difference in the Quattro setup worth the extra money? I happen to live in a desert town, so the AWD seems pointless, but the 8-speed transmission interests me. Is it worth it the extra 2 grand or so? Is there any noticeable change in handling in the Quattro?

2. Secondly, how much time do I have if I want to get a factory order made for the 2011 model? There's usually some kind of cut-off date and I don't want any of the ones currently offered at my local dealers. Anyone have info on this?

THANKS

Last edited by SimpsonTide985; 12-22-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM
1st Gear

Hi Simpson, saw that you posted on a couple different threads but never got a response. Sorry about that, people are usually more attentive and friendly on this forum - It might just be hectic schedules with the holidays.

quattro is definitely worth it. If you haven't done so, drive a front trak and quattro in succession and you'll see the difference, it's pretty big. Don't know about the 8 speed auto, but I would recommend the 6 speed manual. Driving this car is already fun, but stick just adds to the enjoyment (at least for me).

I have no idea about ordering process, I bought my car off the lot.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ADK_audi
Don't know about the 8 speed auto, but I would recommend the 6 speed manual.
I don't know how to drive a stick...

Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

Having just come off of a Front wheel A4 and back to a quattro, I can definitely say that I noticed a difference. The quattro is much better in my opinion.

I don't know anything about the ordering process either, my car was already built and just about to be loaded on a ship in Germany when the dealer was able to secure it for me so I did not need to order one.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

I had my dealer track down a VIN with the options that I specifically requested, and they pulled records for all cars already built. Mine was found on a boat and was getting delivered to a dealership 300 miles away, so they were able to go and get it when it got here.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:29 AM
1st Gear

I ordered my car with the dealer and gave a deposit. He placed the order entered the specs I wanted in their system was told to wait for 2 months. The car was shipped in from Germany within 5 weeks. Hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by m2dar2
I ordered my car with the dealer and gave a deposit. He placed the order entered the specs I wanted in their system was told to wait for 2 months. The car was shipped in from Germany within 5 weeks. Hope this helps.
Did you pay cash or did you finance? Is the financing process done before the car arrives or after?

Old 12-24-2010, 12:29 AM
1st Gear

I financed. After offering me the best price on the specs I wanted, the order was placed and I gave a non-refundable deposit. The financing process started after the car arrived at the dealership. I originally was planning to get financing outside the dealership, but they offered a very good rate so I ended up financing with them.

Old 12-24-2010, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by m2dar2
I financed. After offering me the best price on the specs I wanted, the order was placed and I gave a non-refundable deposit. The financing process started after the car arrived at the dealership. I originally was planning to get financing outside the dealership, but they offered a very good rate so I ended up financing with them.
Ah, nice nice. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
1st Gear

I would avoid the FWD version as it uses a CVT transmission. Also 258ft-lbs of torque @ 1700 rpm is IMO too much to put thru a FWD configuration. I've not driven it, but I would imagine there's some torque steer you'll notice. I have the manual and there's very few other manuals that I've used that are better than it (A4 manual > 2010 WRX, BMW 328i, Jetta 1.8T, TL, TSX, G37).

On a side note, the B&O system is worth the money. But...I would rather spend the money on the manual first.

Quick Reply: Questions for current A4 owners!